Red Dead Redemption 2 for PC Officially Announced, Launching November 5th

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
The speculation and rumors can finally be put to rest: Rockstar Games has revealed that Red Dead Redemption 2 is coming to the PC on November 5th. This should be the definitive version of the open-world Western, as it features "a range of graphical and technical enhancements for increased immersion along with new Bounty Hunting Missions, Gang Hideouts, Weapons and more."

Rockstar Games is offering a long list of incentives to those who pre-order through the company's launcher. These include a free upgrade to the Premium Edition of Red Dead Redemption 2, a $20 discount for the Special Edition and Ultimate Edition, and in-game bonuses such as extra cash and an Outlaw Survival Kit for Story Mode.

Pre-purchases made through the Rockstar Games Launcher are also eligible for two free select PC titles. Gamers can choose from GTA III, GTA: Vice City, GTA: San Andreas, Bully: Scholarship Edition, L.A. Noire: The Complete Edition, and/or Max Payne 3: The Complete Edition.

Red Dead Redemption 2 for PC will also be available to pre-order at the Epic Games store, Greenman Gaming, the Humble Store, GameStop and additional digital retailers starting October 23rd with a pre-order bonus of 25 Gold Bars for Red Dead Online. Red Dead Redemption 2 for PC will also be available to purchase on Steam this December.

Looking forward to it. Not sure which platform I'll grab it on, probably whichever's cheapest as I imagine all versions will require the Rockstar Launcher anyway. But the exclusivity isn't a huge deal for me, I'll be spending November playing through DooM: Eternal anyway.

Looks like the PC version will be the more definitive version which will of course lead into the remaster for the next gen consoles.

Become a Patron!
Back