Redfall Reviews Leak Ahead of Embargo, and They’re Very Negative: “One of the Worst Games of 2023”

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Redfall is launching today for those in the Americas, and while the review embargo for Arkane Austin's new vampire shooter isn't set to lift until 11:00 p.m. ET, a small number of early reviews for the game have leaked online, hinting at another disappointing triple-A release. ACG, a popular YouTuber, is planning to call Redfall "one of the worst games so far in 2023," per a screenshot for his video review, while another from Noisy Pixel, which was taken down earlier but remains available to read through the Wayback Machine, describes the game as being "blood suckingly painful," with a 4/10 score prompted by various bugs that include unresponsive enemies and guns. Redfall is priced at $69.99, but the game is also available to play via Game Pass, where it's launching as a day-one title for those who want to see whether these negative reviews have any merit at a lower price.

See full article...

I just watched the ACG review on it. The game looks absolutely terrible. It looks like a game developed by some small indie studio or a AAA game from about ten years ago. The level design reminds me of shooters from around 2000-2005. Pathetic.

I'm not gonna lie, I never had high hopes for this one. It never looked that great, to begin with. Here's hoping Gollum launches in a better state but that's another I have some doubts about.

There is SO MUCH GREAT GAMIFIED CONTENT for vampire lore... and people still make ****ed up shooters with 'vampire' powers. WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING? JUST USE THE LORE AND CONTENT THERE AND MAKE A GOOD ****ING GAME?! Why is that so hard?!

Yes I know I'm not a game developer but abandoning all of the lore to make yet another shooter wannabe is just so frustrating to someone who remembers the older vampire games. Where are my goth chicks with... great assets... that are immortal, sometimes crazy, sometimes lusty, sometimes badass? That's a good thing right?

And honestly the LORE there was so deep and well done and the mechanics decently played.. or maybe I have my rose colored glasses and I loved it all because I understood the lore White Wolf had established.

Didn't they just release Deathloop? No wonder this sucks after such a short development cycle.

There is SO MUCH GREAT GAMIFIED CONTENT for vampire lore... and people still make ****ed up shooters with 'vampire' powers. WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING? JUST USE THE LORE AND CONTENT THERE AND MAKE A GOOD ****ING GAME?! Why is that so hard?!

Yes I know I'm not a game developer but abandoning all of the lore to make yet another shooter wannabe is just so frustrating to someone who remembers the older vampire games. Where are my goth chicks with... great assets... that are immortal, sometimes crazy, sometimes lusty, sometimes badass? That's a good thing right?

And honestly the LORE there was so deep and well done and the mechanics decently played.. or maybe I have my rose colored glasses and I loved it all because I understood the lore White Wolf had established.
Not only that but it looks like they couldn't decide if the game should have been a looter shooter or something else.

Become a Patron!
Back