Report: NVIDIA Releasing GeForce RTX 3080 Ti for $999 in January

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
nvidia-geforce-rtx-3080-key-art-1024x576.jpg
Image: NVIDIA

According to a report from Hong Kong hardware site HKEPC, NVIDIA is planning to release its heavily rumored GeForce RTX 3080 Ti graphics card sometime in January.

The supercharged Ampere model will supposedly cost $999, which happens to be the same price as AMD’s latest flagship GPU, the Radeon RX 6900 XT.

Echoing recent tweets from kopite7kimi, HKEPC noted that the NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti will feature 10,496 CUDA Cores and 20 GB of GDDR6X VRAM on a 320-bit...

Continue reading...

If true, I think I'll hold out for it instead of the 3090, not that I can source the one I want right now anyway. If the rumored specs for this thing pan out it'll probably only be a few FPS difference for gaming vs the 3090 and at that price makes a whole lot more sense. 20 GB is plenty for 4K gaming and let's face it, that extra 4 GB really isn't going to make that much difference for 8K since DLSS is pretty much required to pull that off anyway.

As long as you understand that holding out for that one might be another 6 months after launch given recent launch quantities

As long as you understand that holding out for that one might be another 6 months after launch given recent launch quantities
They can't even produce their current cards. This will be vaporware for at least 6 months.
I agree. Three months after launch and I'm starting the think about all the projects around the house I need to work on. It'll help pass the time LOL!

All this crap is 100 times worse than the "famous"
Phantom Console of the old [H]ardOCP days.
Why dont these guys all just wait until they have the goods to sell?
Between the COVID and the bots, the trickle down is going to be painstaking.

I would say someone needs to take out the datacenters running these bots... but in all likelihood they are running in the same cloud centers as the retailers cloud space that are selling and that's why they are able to interject and get all of the stock so quickly.

I'm tempted to pay for a Bot to get 1! 6800xt just so I can get one.

based on a minimum of research most of the 'bot' vendors I see are in .it sites. Sorry uhh... no thanks. Geezus how can retailers NOT see the oppritunity here to have a 'preorder' service for 20 bucks to get a guaranteed spot in line to buy a card. I don't get it.

My plan is to get whatever I can from EVGA whenever I can and then upgrade later if there's a need.

Not really all that picky at this stage. 3070/3080/3090 whatever haha

My plan is to get whatever I can from EVGA whenever I can and then upgrade later if there's a need.

Not really all that picky at this stage. 3070/3080/3090 whatever haha
If the situation isn't going to improve anytime soon, you might be in for a long wait. I check EVGA's forums every once in a while, and they are still trying to fulfill orders for people who signed up for notifications on the day of release (I'm talking about 3080 FTW Ultra specifically, though the rest isn't looking much better). It's nuts.

I had signed up for a run of the mill 3070 at EVGA on their release day. No word on that at all. Makes me wonder what’s up at Samsung

If the situation isn't going to improve anytime soon, you might be in for a long wait. I check EVGA's forums every once in a while, and they are still trying to fulfill orders for people who signed up for notifications on the day of release (I'm talking about 3080 FTW Ultra specifically, though the rest isn't looking much better). It's nuts.
I signed up at launch too, but for the 80/90 plain as I have limited space in my Fractal Define Nano S.

I'd love to "wait" for a 3080 Ti but instead of two months it will probably be like eight months the way things have gone lately. Still waiting to hear about the EVGA step up on my 2070 to a 3080 or the 3090 that I put in for notification on 10/9.

Well EVGA's website is down this morning. I wonder if they snuck the page for the hybrids up.

Huh, so much for the "Nvidia is retiring the Ti branding with this generation" reports...

I don't see the point for this product though. There is so little performance space between the 3080 and 3090 as it is. Doesn't seem sufficient to squeeze another product in there.

Huh, so much for the "Nvidia is retiring the Ti branding with this generation" reports...

I don't see the point for this product though. There is so little performance space between the 3080 and 3090 as it is. Doesn't seem sufficient to squeeze another product in there.

If I had to guess the 3090 will silently disappear, or be replaced by a 3090 Ti at the same price point.

Nvidia fudged the price tiers and shot themselves on the foot by being so afraid of AMD.
I think what is really clear is they want to price creep and want desperately for people to forget the value the 3080FE offers.

Price creep will only work if AMD does it as well. Unless, of course, AMD's cards just don't perform at the same level as Nvidia's.

Become a Patron!
Back