Report: Sony’s Next PlayStation Handheld Is Called the Q Lite, Features 8-Inch Touchscreen and Requires Constant Internet Connectivity

I stopped reading after "requires constant Internet connectivity", and already hate it.

I don't have a use for a handheld gaming device, but the Steam Deck is at least interesting, and it has some indirect benefits even for those who don't own one, as Valve pays a number of developers to work on Linux. Some of the contributions are to projects that are relevant to those who don't even care about video games. So thank you Steam Deck owners. :)

My initial thoughts when I heard of the rumor (and the need for a PS5 to stream), was that Sony would use this product to enable 'wireless' play of their VR set (using the device to stream to the VR headsetup). However that thought changed when I saw the rumored specs (would not reach PS VR2 resolution).

Now it sounds like a PS5 version of the Wii U gamepad, and I don't remember many people clamoring for that feature added to their console.

Now it sounds like a PS5 version of the Wii U gamepad, and I don't remember many people clamoring for that feature added to their console.
I kinda liked the Wii U has a concept, but almost nothing used it effectively. So yeah, it died.

You mean Audio OUTPUT Jack - so you can connect your headphones! An audio input will be useful to connect an external microphone, which is not the case here.
Also, if this requires internet connection to work it will be quite useless. Because we buy a portable console to play when we are NOT at home, but in a train or in a plane, where most likely there's no internet connection!!!

I can't believe sony will release a useless portable device just to play when you are on your home toilet!!!

You mean Audio OUTPUT Jack - so you can connect your headphones! An audio input will be useful to connect an external microphone, which is not the case here.
Also, if this requires internet connection to work it will be quite useless. Because we buy a portable console to play when we are NOT at home, but in a train or in a plane, where most likely there's no internet connection!!!

I can't believe sony will release a useless portable device just to play when you are on your home toilet!!!
I'm suspecting configuration and install will require internet and whomever made the announcement flubbed. But I sure as **** wont be preordering.

Become a Patron!
Back