Resident Evil 2, 3, and 7 Next-Gen Patches Now Available for Steam, PS5, and Xbox Series X|S, Adds Ray Tracing and More

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Capcom has launched its next-gen updates for Resident Evil 2, Resident Evil 3, and Resident Evil 7 biohazard, giving fans a handful of excellent reasons to revisit these games on newer hardware.

Go to post

Just gave RE2 a shot. Pretty nice. The RT is mild. Pretty sure they've just patched in some code from Village but still looks good.

It was already updated so I don't know how big that patch was. RE3 is 22.3 GB and RE7 is a whopping 51.3. Can't wait to see how that one comes out.

Lol! Unfortunately, they still haven't fixed the GPU VRAM calculator. I guess I'm lucky. Still had ~4GB to spare. I only played for a moment right now and never saw it go above 9.2 GB but I know these games can consume it and also that the calculator result is grossly overexaggerated.

Attachments

• re2_2022_06_14_18_25_06_341.jpg
    re2_2022_06_14_18_25_06_341.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 5
Just gave RE2 a shot. Pretty nice. The RT is mild. Pretty sure they've just patched in some code from Village but still looks good.

It was already updated so I don't know how big that patch was. RE3 is 22.3 GB and RE7 is a whopping 51.3. Can't wait to see how that one comes out.

Lol! Unfortunately, they still haven't fixed the GPU VRAM calculator. I guess I'm lucky. Still had ~4GB to spare. I only played for a moment right now and never saw it go above 9.2 GB but I know these games can consume it and also that the calculator result is grossly overexaggerated.

Become a Patron!
Back