Resident Evil Village Demo Now Available on All Platforms

Peter_Brosdahl

Staff member
resident-evil-village-website-keyart-1024x576.jpg
Image: Capcom

The Resident Evil VIII demo is now available on all platforms, including Steam. Players have 60 minutes to explore two sections of the game. Ray tracing options are also available for those with the proper graphics cards. The download size for the demo is approximately 9.54 GB. Capcom has extended the timeframe for the demo from one day to a full week. Resident Evil Village launches on consoles and PC on May 7.

This limited-time demo lets you experience a taste of the upcoming survival horror sensation, Resident Evil Village. Players will have a total of 60 minutes to explore both the village and castle. How much time will you spend seeking answers in the village, and how long will you brave the castle’s corridors to uncover its dark secrets? It’s up to you. Available during the following timeframe: May 1st 5:00PM – May 9th 4:59PM Pacific...

Continue reading...

I played this a bit yesterday and with most visual settings at max, including ray tracing, and image quality at 1.5, I was able to average 60-70 FPS @ 5120x1440. With IQ at 1.0, I averaged closer to 100 FPS. This was done using the rig in my signature. As is normal for REngine, the game is more VRAM-dependent than anything else. At 1.5 it was using upwards of 13 GB. The only settings I turn off are anything that introduces blur or distortion. My goals are always clarity, quality, and speed. Really looking forward to this one.

oh, and it seemed to automatically support 32:9 out of the box. I didn't have to tweak anything, unlike previous RE games.

Oh, another foolish game company who presumes they can tell me when I can play a game.

Frankly I can't even be bothered to use some hack or workaround. If they don't want me to try it, I won't.
It's actually available until the 8th. They extended the download timeframe until then after fans spoke up. The demo itself is limited to 1 hour and honestly someone moving at a medium pace can finish both missions if they stay focused. I used the work around because I like to wander and really look at things. Even then I used 40 mins for one and 36 for the other.

It's actually available until the 8th. They extended the download timeframe until then after fans spoke up. The demo itself is limited to 1 hour and honestly someone moving at a medium pace can finish both missions if they stay focused. I used the work around because I like to wander and really look at things. Even then I used 40 mins for one and 36 for the other.
I'll be away from home, I'm not going to try it on the road. As I've said, if they insist to put limitations on it, I'm going 180 the other direction. It's not about the 1 hour limit, that's enough to decide if I'm interested in the game or not, it's about dictating which days you can download it. Really what benefit it is to them to limit it to a few days? So foolish.

I'll be away from home, I'm not going to try it on the road. As I've said, if they insist to put limitations on it, I'm going 180 the other direction. It's not about the 1 hour limit, that's enough to decide if I'm interested in the game or not, it's about dictating which days you can download it. Really what benefit it is to them to limit it to a few days? So foolish.
To inflate hype.

I admit it is unfortunate they choose to do it this way but we've all lamented how in recent decades the age of free demos has mostly passed for AAA games. They still come out, but often with strings attached, and in much less often. Definitely nothing like the good old days of the 90s and early 2000s.

I fail to see how it would be less hyped when it debuts if it were to remain available until release and beyond.
Someone in a marketing boardroom meeting probably thought differently. I agree with you both on that but I think we've all encountered the types that would see it as a way to somehow increase sales.

It has a $59.99 to $79.99 price tag on Steam?

Eff U

At least some of the recent Memes make sense now

Last RE game I bought I hated.

I was just going to give it a go in Pop OS, but, I'm not feeling it.

No real reason beyond laziness.

I was so close to wanting it..... One day, I'll win

Last RE game I bought I hated.

I was just going to give it a go in Pop OS, but, I'm not feeling it.

No real reason beyond laziness.

I was so close to wanting it..... One day, I'll win
It's an acquired taste and like many long-running franchises, there are fans for specific reasons. I didn't get into it until RE 7 a few years ago but knew people that were into it during the PS1/PS2 days and then others who loved the movies. Meanwhile, I like the last Tomb Raider games but knew people who were diehard fans of the originals.

I really, really, like the idea of Village and will get it, season pass and all, but if I don't like it, it could be the end for me for a while.

It's standard pricing. What is the issue?
It has to be a good game for me to spend that. Also, no luck getting it to work under Pop OS and i won't be at my windows box till after the demo is longer available.
My Capcom purchases have been hit or miss. This looks good, but I have been suckered in before. The last RE game Operation Racoon City I was not super pleased with. Tho that one was published by Capcom but done by Slant Six it was enough to make me hesitate spending more than $30 at best.

I'll wait for the Holiday sales

Last edited:
Become a Patron!
Back