RTX 2080 SUPER Falls between TITAN Xp and TITAN V, according to FFXV Benchmark

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
NVIDIA's GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER has shown up at the Final Fantasy XV benchmark site. It achieved a score of 8663 in 2560 x 1440 in the High Quality preset, placing it between the TITAN V (8841) and Titan Xp (8484).

Some consider the FFXV Benchmark biased, buggy, and inaccurate, but it may be safe to assume that the RTX 2080 SUPER will in fact trail the RTX 2080 Ti substantially, as the numbers here indicate. Its performance should be clear next week when it releases on July 23.

The GeForce RTX 2080 Super handily outperforms the regular GeForce RTX 2080, scoring around 7.5 percent higher. It is not really within striking distance of the GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, however, which will remain NVIDIA's flagship consumer GeForce RTX card (outside of the Titan series).

Salt, lots of salt. That benchmark is terrible. It literally renders things never even in scene. Looking at the hardware difference alone should account for a small uplift in performance. Still no replacements for the pascal series.

If the price is lowered to like $599, that would not be too bad.

I agree $599 would be nice but if the AIB's can hold around that $699 range then we're getting a card that should be slightly better than a 1080TI, and with some RTX functionality to boot, for a price a little lower than what the 1080TI's launched at. I paid the manufacturer price of $749 for my Strix 1080TI barely two months after launch and roughly six months before the mining crap kicked in.

If the performance and price plays out I'd recommend to someone doing a fresh build or trying to upgrade from a low/mid tier for some nice 1440p gaming. Match it to a g-sync or free sync supported display and let that thing fly. I've no need to get one of these but even then I'm excited to see them coming out.

My exact situation too.
But even the $1300 parts dont cut it.

I like the improvement, but just not at the cost. I just wanna lock 75Hz @ 3840x1600. Anno 1800 is kicking my GPU's ***, and Destiny 2 has too many dips and falls out of VRR range.

Become a Patron!
Back