Rumor: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 to Feature Same CUDA Core Count as Laptop GPU (3,072)

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
NVIDIA's upcoming GeForce RTX 4060 graphics cards may be a bit more similar to the GeForce RTX 4060 laptop GPU than enthusiasts might have imagined. According to the latest claims from recurring hardware leaker kopite7kimi, the desktop version of the GeForce RTX 4060 will not only merely feature the same GPU as its mobile counterpart, the AD107, but also a fully fledged version of the chip with 3,072 CUDA cores, a consistency that wasn't shared by its predecessors from the older Ampere generation. The GeForce RTX 3060 is listed with 3,584 CUDA cores on NVIDIA's website, while the GeForce RTX 3060 laptop GPU is listed with 3,840 CUDA cores.

See full article...

What is Nvidia doing? I mean seriously. Drugs? You'd think with all the money they're buying they'd be able to at least buy the good stuff. Perhaps it's too good?

Well, on a side note, the 130W variant of the 3070 in my MSI laptop does pretty well at 1080p w/ most things, including RT maxed when using DLSS Q.

I gotta admit, ever since they came out with the Turbo / Dynamic TDP adjustments in the silicon, I always wondered why they still had separate Mobile spins on silicon. For the past 10+ years, you could pretty much take any chip (CPU or GPU really), dial in whatever TDP you had the engineering capacity to dump heat for, let thermal throttling cover your corner cases, and hit ~done~.

So... a 4060 will be the same perf. as a 3060ti?

Become a Patron!
Back