Rumored Specs and Images for NVIDIA 24 GB/24 Gbps GeForce RTX 4090 Ti and 800W/48 GB Titan Graphics Cards Emerge

Peter_Brosdahl

Staff member
At the moment, it makes little to no sense why NVIDIA would want to release either of these potentially new flagship cards as there is literally zero competition in this market sector but it could be planning an announcement at its GTC keynote in March ahead of its 30th anniversary in April.

See full article...

So are we thinking the Titan card is going to start at 3000?

Not sure I've seen a PSU with two 600W 12VHPWR connectors yet?
Yea I know hearing about this one makes me think my 1300 wat platinum+ PSU might not be enough... I mean I look forward to Jay2c and LTT and Steve running these through their paces and all.. but a full built high end system to feed one of these cards is going to be a requirement. And I just worry about having to set up my office so monitors can be on a difference circuit that my tower.

Not to mention needing to find a 2000 watt UPS.

Yea I know hearing about this one makes me think my 1300 wat platinum+ PSU might not be enough... I mean I look forward to Jay2c and LTT and Steve running these through their paces and all.. but a full built high end system to feed one of these cards is going to be a requirement. And I just worry about having to set up my office so monitors can be on a difference circuit that my tower.

Yeah and probably a dedicated circuit. As is, I see the lights in a room with a 1200 W PSU flicker every time it gets turned on. I admit, this is getting ridiculous.

Yeah and probably a dedicated circuit. As is, I see the lights in a room with a 1200 W PSU flicker every time it gets turned on. I admit, this is getting ridiculous.
Mo power is all good and all. But efficiency is a thing and needs to be explored. With todays technology I don't understand outside of heavy compute uses... why a system would actually NEED over 1000 watts of power. I have a 1300 watt power supply sure. Looking at my UPS I'm only drawing 270 watts. I get close to 450ish watts pulled when gaming maybe somewhat higher. Benchmarks take the most but I'm not even going to mess with that. So if I'm PULLING lets be nice and say 500 watts.. at 90% efficiency that means I'm only using 450 watts for some intense gaming. that's including my monitors and all that are on the UPS. All of my peripherals and everything. So really that's most likely a bit less. But you get the idea.

So if that is the case... I'm using a LOT less power day to day that I thought I was to be honest and this power supply should last a good long while.

Out of curiosity, what is YOUR power draw dear reader and forum member. Can you launch your UPS app and see what you're pulling down forum surfing and loading up a game?

The game I used to test RQ was seven days to die because it feels unoptimized still.

Mo power is all good and all. But efficiency is a thing and needs to be explored. With todays technology I don't understand outside of heavy compute uses... why a system would actually NEED over 1000 watts of power. I have a 1300 watt power supply sure. Looking at my UPS I'm only drawing 270 watts. I get close to 450ish watts pulled when gaming maybe somewhat higher. Benchmarks take the most but I'm not even going to mess with that. So if I'm PULLING lets be nice and say 500 watts.. at 90% efficiency that means I'm only using 450 watts for some intense gaming. that's including my monitors and all that are on the UPS. All of my peripherals and everything. So really that's most likely a bit less. But you get the idea.

So if that is the case... I'm using a LOT less power day to day that I thought I was to be honest and this power supply should last a good long while.

Out of curiosity, what is YOUR power draw dear reader and forum member. Can you launch your UPS app and see what you're pulling down forum surfing and loading up a game?

The game I used to test RQ was seven days to die because it feels unoptimized still.
I'm in the midst of getting another UPS as my rigs have been exceeding the one(s) I have but I can tell you that the 4090 is way more efficient than the 3090 Ti for what it does and averages 300-400, most of the time. I have seen 450-500 but its pretty rare that's sustained. Same for the 5800X3D vs 3700X. It manages 55-65W most of the time while my testing with the 3700X showed 70-90W. I estimate both rigs are pulling 500-600 most of the time but with different performance levels. I test with CB 2077, Witcher Enhanced, Metro Exodus Enhanced, RE Games (when IQ is cranked and VRAM loads up 18+GB, I've seen the 4090 really pull upwards and over 500W), Horizon Zero Dawn, SOTTR. I use all of these because of RT and/or DLSS options. Just got Dead Space and will report more on that but I barely had enough time to to anything with it this weekend.

1300W should easily cover it, assuming it's built to the appropriate standards. Mostly because you'd be hard pressed to get that much sustained power draw out of a single consumer-level CPU and GPU set.

1300W should easily cover it, assuming it's built to the appropriate standards. Mostly because you'd be hard pressed to get that much sustained power draw out of a single consumer-level CPU and GPU set.
I agree but... 800 WATTS for a just for a GPU is kind of bonkers. We need a shift back to efficiency and performance. Not just performance at any cost.

800W Titan, now comes with Stark Industries ARC Reactor
If it comes with a for-realz Stark Arc Reactor, then it will definitely be worth the price. At that point I'm buying it more for the reactor than the card.

My desk lamp and the Verizon FiOS modem+router combo device (G3100) only draw about 2W from the UPS (well the G3100 was mostly idle at the time, there wasn't a lot of network activity going on). My 3 monitors use about 100W together, my 5.1 speaker system adds about 20W (well when not playing anything), and my NAS uses about 30W. The PC itself, when idle (or during light usage like web browsing and word processing), uses between 170-200W. When gaming with an RTX 3090 (MSI Suprim X) I recently got, the highest I've seen reported by the UPS software so far was just under 800W. I haven't seen it crack 800W yet. My PSU is a Seasonic-built Corsair 850W unit I bought in 2010 (and which has been used all day almost every day since, so it has a lot of hours on it), and my UPS can handle 900W max.

This is not the highest I've seen, but close to it:
RTX3090_Witcher3_UPS_Power_Usage_Pic2.png

The problem will come in the summer, cuz the window A/C unit (which I never run above low power) is on the same outlet as the UPS. I see some fuse-trippin' in my future... Also both entertainment centers (one for HDTV consoles and one for CRT consoles) are also on the same circuit. I probably shouldn't run the 3090 at or near full load and turn on the PS3 at the same time! The HDTV and the PS3 are the biggest contributors to heat in the room after the PC (and the PS3 is by far the loudest thing in the room, even louder than the A/C unit!). However if I am using the PC and gaming on the 3090 then I obviously wouldn't also be gaming on a console with the HDTV on. So at this point my concerns are PC+A/C or HDTV-and-consoles+A/C. PC+A/C+HDTV-and-a-console all at the same time would never happen. Well except if a friend or family member comes by to chill in the summer, and one of us is gaming on the HDTV and the other on the PC, all while the A/C is running. But I'll cross that bridge the next time I find myself in such a situation.

Efficiency is important. But there still is a ceiling on power draw, no matter how efficient you can be.

Most residential circuits cap at 15A (about 1700W give or take). Going beyond that and you are looking at commercial / semi-pro applications that can run dedicated circuits or higher voltage.

Makes me lament the loss of the lower tiers more so than get excited that there is another card out there with no great use cases other than marketing

My desk lamp and the Verizon FiOS modem+router combo device (G3100) only draw about 2W from the UPS (well the G3100 was mostly idle at the time, there wasn't a lot of network activity going on). My 3 monitors use about 100W together, my 5.1 speaker system adds about 20W (well when not playing anything), and my NAS uses about 30W. The PC itself, when idle (or during light usage like web browsing and word processing), uses between 170-200W. When gaming with an RTX 3090 (MSI Suprim X) I recently got, the highest I've seen reported by the UPS software so far was just under 800W. I haven't seen it crack 800W yet. My PSU is a Seasonic-built Corsair 850W unit I bought in 2010 (and which has been used all day almost every day since, so it has a lot of hours on it), and my UPS can handle 900W max.

This is not the highest I've seen, but close to it:
RTX3090_Witcher3_UPS_Power_Usage_Pic2.png

New record:
SW_Squadrons_UPS_Power_Usage.png
(The NAS was not running when this screenshot was taken, so its power usage is not factored in here.)

Last edited:
It's even hard to find an ATX 3.0 PCIE Gen 5 PSU at all right now.
We're at least seeing more models announced from a wider variety of manufacturers - and MSI seemed to have decent availability.

Of course, there's also a ~50% premium associated with these units so it's best to hold off unless a unit needs replacing for whatever reason, or a new build would benefit from one.

We're at least seeing more models announced from a wider variety of manufacturers
Announcing and having made available is another thing. MSI has their 1000W available from time to time, but I didn't want to "settle" for that model.

Become a Patron!
Back