S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2: Heart of Chernobyl Will Feature NFTs, including One That Turns Its Owner Into an NPC

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
stalker-2-key-art-1024x576.jpg
Image: GSC Game World

GSC Game World is getting into the NFT business with its upcoming post-apocalyptic shooter, S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2: Heart of Chernobyl.

Set for release on PC and Xbox Series X|S next year, GSC Game World confirmed today via a press release that its highly anticipated sequel will be one of the first AAA games to leverage non-fungible tokens, a trending blockchain technology that’s relevant for establishing authenticity and proof of ownership. Among the unique items is a special NFT that will allow its owner to become an NPC in the game, which GSC Game World has dubbed “the first metahuman.”

Welcome to the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Metaverse!– S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 is not a blockchain-based game– No influence on gameplay– Completely optional – There will be free giveaways for the community members– All tokens to be activated before the release...

Continue reading...

Man, it's looking like this crap will soon be unavoidable. :(
Everything is avoidable. I don't need to play games, and I Defninitely don't need to buy them. And with this they are sending the message "Don't buy our game"

Right when you think that we'll finally get a game without all the trending BS but no, here comes GSC Game World with a last-minute sick... gotcha!

FU, GSC Game World!

Among the unique items is a special NFT that will allow its owner to become an NPC in the game, which GSC Game World has dubbed “the first metahuman.”

So, you get to hang around for 40+ hours of gameplay not going anywhere or doing anything and just randomly saying "Get out of here stalker"?

Sounds like fun.

I don't think I want that NFT.

Last edited:
They've already backtracked on it, thankfully.

https://kotaku.com/s-t-a-l-k-e-r-2-developers-remove-nfts-after-fan-uproa-1848230588

Thank goodness.
This game has been so long in the making, cancelled, resurected and cancelled again, even problems with Ukraine gov if I remember.
Loved all the series, especially SOC buggy as they were. It was one of the only games I didn't care about the constant CTDs as the intense atmosphere was there.
I can not wait to go back into the zone.

Thank goodness.
This game has been so long in the making, cancelled, resurected and cancelled again, even problems with Ukraine gov if I remember.
Loved all the series, especially SOC buggy as they were. It was one of the only games I didn't care about the constant CTDs as the intense atmosphere was there.
I can not wait to go back into the zone.
Let's just hope the Russians don't invade Ukraine before they can push it out the door 😂

Become a Patron!
Back