S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 In-Engine Gameplay Footage Released by GSC Game World

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
stalker-2-key-art-1024x576.jpg
Image: GSC Game World

It’s been over two years since GSC Game World announced that it had begun development on a sequel to its critically acclaimed post-apocalyptic sandbox FPS, S.T.A.L.K.E.R., but the Ukraine-based developer has begun lifting the veil on the mysterious title. Following the release of a cinematic 4K trailer over the summer, we now have a short but sweet glimpse of what S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 will actually look like courtesy of a teaser shared by IGN.

“Get your first in-engine look at the first-person sequel S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 and its Zone through the eyes of its main protagonist, Skif,” the publication wrote. “As developer GSC Game...

Continue reading...

Never played a STALKER game, but I have 3 in my GOG library. Lots to do....

"In engine" doesn't mean anything to me. I'll get excited when I see some real gameplay footage.

"In engine" doesn't mean anything to me. I'll get excited when I see some real gameplay footage.
Yeah, this has become a common thing nowadays. It's meaningless. It's as if trying to sell food by saying it was cooked in the same kitchen.

Stalker is another game that I was never into. I've tried the leaked alpha of the original, but never actually played any of the finished games. There were just too many versions, with part of the fans swearing on one the rest the other, it's all too confusing.

My mouth is watering for a new stalker series. I still enjoy the dated old games. Graphics are of concern but not of the highest concern for me here.

I just hope it's not a Baldurs Gate 3 repeat, but we will see.

I enjoyed play of the original.

Become a Patron!
Back