Sales of 8K TVs Expected to Reach $5 Billion in 2021

Are there any methods to strip the HDCP protection from the stream? I don't recall if a way was ever found to do it with the newer HDCP versions.
You can use an HDMI splitter. And I think some of the Elgato capture cards can do it without the splitter.

Last edited:
Are there any methods to strip the HDCP protection from the stream? I don't recall if a way was ever found to do it with the newer HDCP versions.
Not sure. Anydvd might but I don't know since I haven't used it for anything beyond BD. Yeah, it's kind of astounding how physical/non-system related media is slowly being stripped out of PCs at this point.

You can use an HDMI splitter. And I think some of the Elgato capture cards can do it without the splitter.
Was actually looking at some of Elgato's a month or two ago. . .downside is if it even works you're down to realtime for the capture.

That being 5 years old things have changed a bit. There are splitters that will bypass HDCP. It's hit or miss as to which ones. The cheaper ones tend to do it.
That is almost exactly what the 5 year old article says... so maybe nothing has changed?

That being 5 years old things have changed a bit. There are splitters that will bypass HDCP. It's hit or miss as to which ones. The cheaper ones tend to do it.
Good to know. Haven't had a need to get one in so long I didn't know that.

Become a Patron!
Back