Samsung Announces 14-Inch 90 Hz OLED Displays for Laptops

Peter_Brosdahl

Staff member
samsung-display-laptop-oled-jan-4-1024x576.jpg
Image: Samsung

This could be a big year for OLED displays. Samsung has announced that it will take its 14-inch OLED display technology a bit further by increasing refresh rates from 60 Hz to 90 Hz.

After extensive testing comparing the image blur of OLED at 90 Hz to LCD at 120 Hz, it was determined that they were indistinguishable. OLED had a drag rate of 0.9 mm, while LCD was at 1 mm. Although 90 Hz may not seem like that much of an increase, Samsung stated that it’s “actually 10X the fastest screen response time on the market today.”

Samsung recently announced a variety of OLED displays. Resolution details for...

Continue reading...

Who is doing competitive gaming on a 14" laptop screen to need 90hz (says it's identical to 120hz lcd)?

Also... at what cost?

I’d take a 90Hz OLED in a heartbeat

*edit -- in a 14" laptop, it would have nothing to do with gaming though. I'd still like it.

Last edited:
Who is doing competitive gaming on a 14" laptop screen to need 90hz (says it's identical to 120hz lcd)?

Also... at what cost?

I always want better refresh rates and motion clarity. I couldn't give two squirts of piss about competitive gaming. Being limited to 60Hz blows goats.

I’d take a 90Hz OLED in a heartbeat

*edit -- in a 14" laptop, it would have nothing to do with gaming though. I'd still like it.
I'd game on it. On the regular even. Now just need them to put it in a chassis that can compete and hopefully exceed the standard set by the current XPS 15, and I'll be looking for a buyer for mine...

Become a Patron!
Back