Samsung Announces 76-Inch MicroLED TV with 240 Hz Refresh Rate, 2-Nanosecond Response Time

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Samsung is getting slightly closer to its goal of bringing MicroLED to the wider consumer market, according to a new press release from the company that can confirm the development of a new 76-inch MicroLED TV, one of its smallest MicroLED TVs yet, featuring exciting specifications that include a 240 Hz refresh rate and 2-nanosecond response time, making it millions of times faster than many of the gaming monitors on today's market.

See full article...

I had to Google it. It is literally a million times faster... wow.

Last edited:
Cool so if I can afford this and a 4090 I can play 1080p games at 240hz? Because that sounds like a great use of tons of $$$$$

or I could go buy a new car.

MicroLED is the future. OLED is a stop gap, always has been, always will be.

Once this tech matures and becomes maintstream we'll see panels with incredible specs at affordable prices.

Remember, the first plasma back in 2002'ish was like $50,000.

MicroLED is the future. OLED is a stop gap, always has been, always will be.

Once this tech matures and becomes maintstream we'll see panels with incredible specs at affordable prices.

Remember, the first plasma back in 2002'ish was like $50,000.
It's all good. Our C9 has been with us since 2018 and still going strong and I'm plenty happy to use the C2 for as many years as it takes for this tech to come down in price.

It's all good. Our C9 has been with us since 2018 and still going strong and I'm plenty happy to use the C2 for as many years as it takes for this tech to come down in price.
Same, I still love my C6 and it's a dinosaur comparatively speaking. I admit it could be a bit brighter, and it's starting to show some burn-in after all these years, but still not really thinking of getting rid of it. HDR content on it still looks amazing.

That said, yeah, microLED will be very nice once it finally hits main stream. I figure I'll probably have one more OLED in the Home Theater, whenever I finally either hit the lottery or get fed up with the C6... and by the time that TV gets old will we will see microLED go affordable -- and whatever the next thing everyone wants to wait for will be "just around the corner".

Last edited:
Become a Patron!
Back