Samsung Odyssey Neo G8: World’s First 4K Gaming Monitor with 240 Hz Refresh Rate Priced at $1,499, Launching Next Month

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Samsung's Odyssey Neo G8 is available to pre-order now for $1,499.

Go to post

Mini-LED huh?

I've tried a curved monitor before. They are definitely not for me.

The monitor market is massively undwhelming.
Mini-LED huh?

I've tried a curved monitor before. They are definitely not for me.
I can really take the curve or leave it. I don't mind the curve on larger displays. 32" is probably about the minimum size I'd tolerate a curved display. I liked my 34" and the two TV's I used for it. A 48" and later a 49" Samsung TV I had were both curved. It's fine. My current display is a 43" Acer Predator CG437K is flat and that's fine with me.

Let's assume for a moment that refresh rates above 120hz make even the slightest amount of perceivable difference (they don't)

Show me the GPU hardware that that can hit 240fps on even an older title at 4k. :p

Let's assume for a moment that refresh rates above 120hz make even the slightest amount of perceivable difference (they don't)

Show me the GPU hardware that that can hit 240fps on even an older title at 4k. :p
Counter strike

I'm mixed on curved monitors. I love my CRG9. At 49-inches that curve really adds for an immersive experience. However, anything less would seem weird and too small to me. The 200 Hz refresh rate is wasted because I doubt even a 4090 Ti is going to render that high with the demanding games I play now and we all know that games only get more demanding going down the road, not less.

Otherwise, this checks a lot of boxes for me. G-Sync-nice. Mini-Led, cool if it looks good. HDR 2000-bring it on. If it's too bright you can always lower it but it really sucks the other way around. HDR on the CRG9 is a mixed bag and I still fall back on the LG C9 to enjoy HDR gaming. I was playing CB2077 on it this weekend and wow!

Become a Patron!
Back