SAPPHIRE PULSE Radeon RX 5500 XT 4G OC Review

This is a good sign that efficiency is back in the game with AMD not producing a power hog monster.
I cannot wait to see what they do on the higher end.
All in all a decent card for the price.

Great review.

this would be an excellent card to replace my daughters GTX 1060 3GB ..trying to get her changed to all AMD (2700x & B350 ITX) ..if you guys wanted to trade your test card for my Zotac Mini GTX 1060 3gb + some Paypal .. You would make a liitle girl sooooo happy .. ;)

Nice review. Nice to see AMD finally churning out some new GPU product, even if it is the low end stuff for now.

..anybody know when AMD is going to be launching any high end cards to compete with RTX 2080 TI SuperClocked OC Titan Founders Edition whatever cards?

..anybody know when AMD is going to be launching any high end cards to compete with RTX 2080 TI SuperClocked OC Titan Founders Edition whatever cards?

Going off the current trend line - AMD will compete with the 2080Ti, but by the time they do, the cards will no longer be high end, and nVidia will be on two-three generations.

I agree with Brian_B. Nothing from AMD on the GPU side has lead me to believe that they'll be competetive with nVidia on the high-end market.

Well it looks like Lisa is set on those profit margins she set out. Also they need to finish off the stock of 5-70/80/90. I think when they do we will see a $ drop.
As far as performance goes it is fine. I think a 1650s probably has more legs in OC which would put it over a 5500XT, and it uses less power although AMD has improved quite a bit with this card.
Bottom line, pick your brand as it is a virtual wash. And both Companies are making very large margins. Not a win for the consumer at all, and reviewers aren't shy to say that the 1650s and now the 5500XT are the biggest lackluster disappointing releases in a very long time. Complacent, F-you milking of the consumer.
Are we going backwards?

The 1650 has the added benefit of not needing extra power. In that budget level, how many users are upgrading hand me down OEMs, or building rigs on case supplied junk psus? When in doubt, the 1650 will just work while the 5500 will need additional concerns or upgrades.

Getting an additional 75w of power out of an OEM power supply shouldn't be that tough, especially with the adapters that are around to pull the additional power from the drives that are almost never installed in the OEM machines..

The 1650 has the added benefit of not needing extra power. In that budget level, how many users are upgrading hand me down OEMs, or building rigs on case supplied junk psus? When in doubt, the 1650 will just work while the 5500 will need additional concerns or upgrades.
There are no 5500's yet. Only XT's and they compete with the 1650S.

Nice review, both the 1650 Super and 5500XT in my opinion are too much in price, -$30 and that would feel about right.

Become a Patron!
Back