Sapphire Shows How To Mirror DLSS With AMD Cards Using TriXX

Peter_Brosdahl

Staff member
TriXX-1024x576.jpg

So this year we saw Nvidia introduce a new feature unique to it’s RTX line up called DLSS or Deep Learning Super Sampling. This feature has mainly been used to help with optimizing frame rates when using ray tracing. This technique is not without some controversy though as it can introduce blurring to textures but for some this is worth it when it enables someone to play at a desired resolution and maintain higher frame rates.

Many AMD users have wanted something similar for their cards. Well there are old tricks and new TriXX that can help achieve this. Recently AMD introduced RIS or Radeon Image Sharpening which has also now been expanded to two generations of cards. There’s also an old trick many PC users have used for years called custom resolutions. Sapphire Tech has made this process even easier now using their software called TriXX which was launched with their RX 5700XT. Sapphire Tech is a prominent AMD partner whose product line spans both gaming and commercial solutions.

The folks over at KitGuru did some testing combing both TriXX and RIS and I recommend checking out their review here. They have screen shots and as well as video side by side comparisons that look pretty impressive. They were keeping resolutions around 85% of original with gains of upwards of 31% in frames while using RIS to improve details. In essence these combinations show a somewhat easy way to achieve DLSS like performance using Sapphire’s solutions. Thanks to Dominic Moass over at KitGuru for spotlighting this item that slipped under the radar for most of us.

I'd be interested in adding thes "TRIXX" to the current 1080p resolution I play at to make Hunt:Showdown look better then it already does .. all the game really needs is more AA type setting though.

Become a Patron!
Back