Sealed Copy of Super Mario Bros. Sells for $114,000

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
super-mario-bros.-title-screen-1024x576.jpg
Image: Nintendo

If you’ve got a sealed, mint copy of Super Mario Bros. lying around, you may want to list it over at Heritage Auctions for a huge potential payday. The auction site recently hosted an A+ (9.4) copy of Nintendo’s original 1985 classic, which ended yesterday at an incredible $114,000. According to Kotaku’s Chris Kohler, this is a new record for most expensive game ever sold.

A sealed copy of Super Mario Bros. just sold at auction for $114,000, which is a new record for the sale of a single game. Bet the owners of the $100,000 one, which is an earlier printing, feel great today. pic.twitter.com/lVdcla8d19— Chris Kohler (@kobunheat)...

Continue reading...

Why is this special? It came with every NES. That's like saying an Atari 2600 Combat cartridge is worth money. Nope, they made tens of millions of them.

"sealed" is what made this so sought after. Might be millions of those cartridges floating around, but how many of them are still sealed in their original packaging?

Ooooooo original packaging lol. Complete waste of money if you ask me. I could think of far better uses for that kind of money, but I suspect that the person who paid it has more than he/she knows what to do with anyway.

Ooooooo original packaging lol. Complete waste of money if you ask me. I could think of far better uses for that kind of money, but I suspect that the person who paid it has more than he/she knows what to do with anyway.

Yeah, like all the things you could think of they've probably done it or own it already. lol

Well.... Better value than a banana duct taped to a wall.

Become a Patron!
Back