Seasonic’s Connect PSU Eliminates Cable Clutter by Moving Connectors Behind the Motherboard

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
seasonic-connect-backplane-angled-1-1024x576.jpg
Image: Seasonic

Power supplies are notorious for their cable jungles, but that problem could be coming to an end thanks to Seasonic’s latest innovation.

The company has launched its first Connect PSU, which consolidates all of its power connectors into a single, sexy backplane. This is mounted vertically behind the motherboard using magnets, hiding what would normally be an unsightly mess of cables.

seasonic-connect-backplane-1-1024x821.jpg
Image: Seasonic

“During installation we only need to use two cables from the power supply to power the CONNECT,” Seasonic explains. “While the power supply itself supports the +12 V, -12 V and +5 Vsb rails, the CONNECT converts this power to provide the +3.3 V and +5 V outputs from the +12 V rail.”

The PSU itself...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
That is brilliant, perfect if Seasonic would lose the disco-light logo.

This is friggin' awesome! Unfortunately I've many years before I need another PSU but if I did I'd get one of these.

I'm about due a new PSU and want this one! My son can have my old one! He needs parts.

Too bad I can't order this yet!

Yeah that is pretty cool. I bet they charge a fortune for it.

I always tend to buy Seasonic PSUs, so I wonder if such a PSU as this one is in my future...

if only this made sense for an ncase LMAO. My media server might get an un-needed upgrade just to plat with this.

Become a Patron!
Back