Seasonic PRIME PX-1600 ATX 3.0 1600W Platinum Power Supply Review

Paul_Johnson

Administrator
Staff member
Seasonic PRIME PX-1600 ATX 3.0 Seasonic is one of the older companies producing consumer power supplies having been founded in 1975 and entering the PC power supply production market in 1980. Seasonic is the OEM and ODM of this unit. During more than 30 years as a company, Seasonic has cultivated lines of power supplies […]

See full article...

That's a crap-ton of power. Perhaps even metric. :) I'd need a whole new UPS to support something that could max that out.

Only thing that has come close to needing a PSU like that was back in the day with Dual or Quad SLI or CrossFire systems lol. But for some reason, even though I don't need it, I want it? :p

Yeah, I want one too. Ouch on the price but made like a tank and ready to conquer.

I wonder, how does this PS compare to the EVGA 1600W P+ Platinum? I bought the EVGA last year when I put together my latest system. IIRC, this site had a special promotion when purchasing through a link provided ... I did.

The downside I found was the lack of a reasonably priced UPS to handle the load. My older 1200W just wasn't up to the task. The next step up was enterprise level at an enterprise price. There may be some around now ... I don't know; I haven't checked in a while.

I wonder, how does this PS compare to the EVGA 1600W P+ Platinum? I bought the EVGA last year when I put together my latest system. IIRC, this site had a special promotion when purchasing through a link provided ... I did.
Without delving into quality - the Seasonic is a new unit with ATX 3.0 / PCIe 5.0. Not sure if EVGA has started supporting those yet.

Without delving into quality - the Seasonic is a new unit with ATX 3.0 / PCIe 5.0. Not sure if EVGA has started supporting those yet.
as someone who has the 1300 P+ platinum from EVGA... they did not support it when I got mine. Adaptors all the way.

On the topic of UPS's yes they are out there. Mine I've had for several years seems to be just fine but at peak I'm only pulling about 500 watts according to the UPS software.

Become a Patron!
Back