Sebastian Stan Could Be the Next Luke Skywalker

Peter_Brosdahl

Staff member
the-mandalorian-s2-finale-luke-skywalker-corridor-1024x576.jpg
Image: Lucasfilm

It’s pretty much inevitable that every popular character or franchise will be rebooted, recast, or rewritten. On the eve of a new wave of Star Wars projects, rumors suggest that one of its most iconic characters could be recast. Sebastian Stan, who’s already a part of the Marvel family portraying the Winter Soldier, could be the top pick for the role. Daniel Richtman (via Giant Freakin Robot) has been tracking a series of events that give credence to the rumor...

Continue reading...

Meh, I'm not a fan of bringing him back. I think both sides of the ongoing star wars wars are crazy. One wants the old thing unchanged mummified for all eternity. The other wants to destroy the legacy of the old star wars.

I simply want new stories that are neither. New characters and stories that respect the old, but stay at arms length from them. I might be alone with this, but bringing boba fett and luke skywalker into the mandalorian was a mistake. I was more excited about the dark troopers appearance than either of those two.

Meh, I'm not a fan of bringing him back. I think both sides of the ongoing star wars wars are crazy. One wants the old thing unchanged mummified for all eternity. The other wants to destroy the legacy of the old star wars.

I simply want new stories that are neither. New characters and stories that respect the old, but stay at arms length from them. I might be alone with this, but bringing boba fett and luke skywalker into the mandalorian was a mistake. I was more excited about the dark troopers appearance than either of those two.
You are alone in that. :p:LOL::D

To be fair I thought bringing back both Bobba and Luke could be a recipe for disaster, being such iconic characters, but Filoni and Favreau proved me wrong.
To hear the man himself praise the cameo is a huge point, considering he was very vocal and dissapointed on how Luke was treated in the sequel trilogy. #JakeSkywalker

To be fair I thought bringing back both Bobba and Luke could be a recipe for disaster, being such iconic characters, but Filoni and Favreau proved me wrong.

Yar, my thoughts on it as well. Originally I'd rather just have them leave the classic characters alone (especially after the sequel series, Solo, etc) - just didn't feel needed or that it would lessen the characters.

However with Favreau and Filoni behind the helm, I'm much more confident in Disney's handling of the characters.

I do have mixed feelings on a Luke series be it with Mark Hammil or Sebastian Stan.

I do have mixed feelings on a Luke series be it with Mark Hammil or Sebastian Stan.
ATM I haven't heard anything about a series. It's more that they need to plan for more appearances without always depending on CGI.

I dunno, is CGI getting price-comparable with actors salary? Just keep the stunt double in all the time, and have Unreal Engine make it whomever you want to be.

Sure, there's still a bit of uncanny valley there, but it's getting better all the time and we mostly ignore or forgive it in game FMV, why not TV?

I dunno, is CGI getting price-comparable with actors salary? Just keep the stunt double in all the time, and have Unreal Engine make it whomever you want to be.

Sure, there's still a bit of uncanny valley there, but it's getting better all the time and we mostly ignore or forgive it in game FMV, why not TV?

If it was all CGI I'd be more on board with it (think: 'Love, Death + Robots'). But when its CGI interacting with humans, it's still too much Roger Rabbit for my liking.

I'd be okay with a Clone Wars-esque animated series that followed Luke and company post-ROTJ.

Considering its a TV show and not a movie I guess its ok. Not that I liked Luke/Leia CGI in RoSW to begin with.

Overall I think Luke's face look was inconsistent, in some scenes it seems fine I guess, but others reminded me of Jedi Knight II.

BTW the hair IMO is the worst part and in some scenes the face looks like a flat papemask.

Look seemed like he was dead, standing like a light pole, blank expression, no microexpressions, unblinking for the most part, fixed gaze. It was terrible imo.

Poor Sebastian. First he loses his left arm and now he won’t have his right hand. Can someone find this man a role where he gets to keep his limbs?

Poor Sebastian. First he loses his left arm and now he won’t have his right hand. Can someone find this man a role where he gets to keep his limbs?
Could be worse. Sean Bean could become his partner for something. :)

Become a Patron!
Back