Sega Mulls Reboots of Crazy Taxi, Jet Set Radio, and Other Classic IPs

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
jet-set-radio-beat-gum-purple-1024x576.jpg
Image: Sega

It’s been a long time since Sega fans have been graced with a new Crazy Taxi or Jet Set Radio game, but the iconic Japanese games maker is finally beginning to consider bringing these classic franchises and more into the current generation. This is according to a new financial results presentation published by Sega Sammy, which included a slide noting that it was carefully examining a handful of iconic IPs and potentially remastering, remaking, or rebooting them. The presentation also suggests that Sega is working on a “super game” that will be released three to five years from now.

segasammy-financial-results-fy2021-3-games-2-1024x576.jpg
segasammy-financial-results-fy2021-3-games-1-1024x576.jpg

As well as turning its...

Continue reading...

Streets of rage just got a 3rd part so that one is active, I would not mind a virtua fighter, and I'm pretty sure there is a market for panzer dragoon.

Love to get a Panzer Dragoon Saga remake *and* a sequel to it.

The Shining series (both the dungeon crawler and strategy variants) need some sequels done up too.

Not sure how many remember this vid but it was inspired by Crazy Taxi.

More Shinobi and a 4th main Panzer Dragoon game please (also wouldn't mind a remake of 2, which I heard they might be working on). And after Sonic Mania they need to keep the ball rollin'. I'm wary about Nights, cuz a lot of us begged for a sequel for many years, and they finally responded with Journey of Dreams on Wii. I got that sh*t for Christmas. That piece of trash ruined Christmas.

YUPZ!!!

Streets of rage just got a 3rd part so that one is active
4th game actually, and it was awesome. Also yes, more Virtua Fighter. And probably some other series whose names escape me right at this moment.

Become a Patron!
Back