Silverstone Announces Fanless 80+ Titanium 700 W Power Supply

Peter_Brosdahl

Staff member
silverstone-nj700-psu-angled-1024x576.jpg
Image: Silverstone

Noise levels are a consideration for most builders, many of whom seek silence. Silverstone has announced a new passively cooled PSU that could be the perfect solution. The NJ700 is an 80+ Titanium 700-watt power supply. With modular cables and high-quality capacitors, it’s ready for many different applications. Availability and pricing have not yet been announced.

Features

Fan-less thermal solution, 0 dBA acousticsHigh-quality construction with all Japanese capacitors100% modular cablesStrict ±2% voltage regulation and low ripple & noise24/7 continuous power output with 45℃ operating temperatureClass-leading single +12V railPCI-E 8pin and PCI-E 6pin connectors support...

Continue reading...

Ok... raise your hand if you're looking for a quite 700 watt power supply?

Anyone?

What about a quite 750 or a quite 850? More hands I imagine.

I think Siverstone missed an opportunity by not going for a higher bar.

Ok... raise your hand if you're looking for a quite 700 watt power supply?

Anyone?

What about a quite 750 or a quite 850? More hands I imagine.

I think Siverstone missed an opportunity by not going for a higher bar.

This model has no fan at all. Going bigger watts runs the risk of overheating.
I suspect they hit a thermal envelope, since they have no fan at all for backup if temps do start to get out of hand.

A lot of silent PSUs can shut their fan off unless temps rise too far, then they will still run the fan to keep the PSU going. Once they do so, of course, they are no longer silent.

So if you want bigger, and silent, go with one that can shut the fan off at low load -- that isn't this model. I know a lot of builds where 500-700W is still an ideal spot... although I admit, there are only a few very specific applications where I think going 100% passive is a consideration (and I would still question if it's prudent).

Become a Patron!
Back