So this could be very big...

In the end, though, I'm always just a bit worried about any kind of peer-to-peer, screen share/remote access type of connection. You do your best and stick with the most trusted but I do still worry when I need support.

On the flip side, and don't mean to derail your thread, do you remember when Kyle would do those once-a-year posts about various threats/exploits? Fun times, talk about laughing/crying ambivalence. I remember one of them being about how thieves pieced together PCBs from garage door openers with Raspberry PIs to hobble together a $40 device that could catch key fob codes used in near vicinities and replicate them giving thieves access after the owner walked away.

Oh man check out PirateSoftware on you tube. He posts about his time doing white hat security stuff.

How callers would engage an employee.. ask about their office, where they like to eat. Just to float in those restaurants for employees so they could remotely scan their ID badges and get access to the building on un monitored doorways.

But... unless it's weather sealed... badge access entrances should ALSO be button or badge access exits. NOT motion... a cleverly crafted bit of origami using a folder manilla folder can trigger a motion sensor auto open.

Honestly I think it would pay to share what we can of vulnerabilities and heads ups here for others. I know none of us can discuss ACTUAL events... but good articles about security in our space might be nice to have.

Heck even that yearly security based review would be fun with some GOD cable stories. ;)

I have https://krebsonsecurity.com/ on my Feedly - he posts good content and will do deep dives that nobody else is doing.

I certainly have an interest in security stuff, but I'm so not sure how relevant it is to the main target of this site - almost like sister publication level stuff to consider...

I have https://krebsonsecurity.com/ on my Feedly - he posts good content and will do deep dives that nobody else is doing.

I certainly have an interest in security stuff, but I'm so not sure how relevant it is to the main target of this site - almost like sister publication level stuff to consider...
Yea I could see that. If you ever want to branch into reviewing professional level gear let me know. I would think companies like Dell and such would like the opportunity to shine without dealing with Linus Media Group talking about what they are putting into their offices.

Become a Patron!
Back