Sony and Square Enix Collaborate for Limited-Edition Japan-Only Final Fantasy XVI-Themed Controller and Console Bundles

Peter_Brosdahl

Staff member
Sony and Square Enix have partnered to create new custom-themed bundles based on the upcoming next installment in the Final Fantasy franchise. The new bundles are available for either the standard PS5 or digital-only edition models. Additionally, the console and controller covers can be purchased separately but there is a catch, Sony and Square Enix are only offering these in Japan. The midnight black and gold controllers feature blue crystal designs from the game while the console cover has the emblem of the summoned beasts Phoenix and Ifrit, drawn by Yoshitaka Amano.

According to PlayStation Blog Japan, pre-orders for these will open on May 4. Final Fantasy XVI releases on June 22. The bundles will also include an in-game bonus weapon called "Brave Heart" which is a sword from the first Final Fantasy game used by the Warrior of Light. They also include the accessories Cait Sith's/Ketsey's Lucky Charm which increases the amount of gil you earn when equipped and the Scholar's Glasses which increases the amount of experience gained when equipped.

See full article...

Sony and Square Enix have partnered to create new custom-themed bundles based on the upcoming next installment in the Final Fantasy franchise. The new bundles are available for either the standard PS5 or digital-only edition models. Additionally, the console and controller covers can be purchased separately but there is a catch, Sony and Square Enix are only offering these in Japan. The midnight black and gold controllers feature blue crystal designs from the game while the console cover has the emblem of the summoned beasts Phoenix and Ifrit, drawn by Yoshitaka Amano.

According to PlayStation Blog Japan, pre-orders for these will open on May 4. Final Fantasy XVI releases on June 22. The bundles will also include an in-game bonus weapon called "Brave Heart" which is a sword from the first Final Fantasy game used by the Warrior of Light. They also include the accessories Cait Sith's/Ketsey's Lucky Charm which increases the amount of gil you earn when equipped and the Scholar's Glasses which increases the amount of experience gained when equipped.

See full article...
If I play this it will be on PC with cheats. I don't care about bonus XP gear.

I do like the custom designs but between the Japan-only exclusivity and the fact that I'm not really into consoles these days I probably won't even try but I admit I wouldn't mind having one of those controllers.

Become a Patron!
Back