Sony Expects to Release Forty Percent of Its First-Party Titles on PC by 2025

Peter_Brosdahl

Staff member
The release strategy for PlayStation Studios has been charted out through FY25 when Sony expects to release a significant amount of first-party titles on PC. According to its latest business segment meeting, Sony has big plans for PC in the coming years. Recently CEO Jim Ryan was quoted saying that Sony will stick to its strategy of staggering its releases of PlayStation exclusives to PC, two to three years after their initial console release. While this may remain true it doesn't mean that Sony couldn't continue to draw from its extensive, and growing, catalog of first-party titles to release more games per year on PC, and according to new information, it appears that it plans to.

According to the slide, gamers could see up to forty percent of PlayStation Studios' first-party titles make their way to PC by 2025. Something else that's interesting to note is that by FY25 Sony has dropped releases for its PlayStation 4 consoles and PS5 releases end up accounting for half of all of its first-party portfolio sales. Another slide also shows how ongoing YOY growth for PC titles has continued to increase over the last three years.

See full article...

Sony is observing MS's success with PC/Console launches in tandem and wants that sweet sweet pie, but wants to drive Console sales FIRST where as MS has said... Meh... screw it sell it all.

Still waiting on R&C: Rift Apart and Ghost of Tsushima to end up on PC. After that, keep 'em comin'.

R&C: Rift Apart
I saw mention of that, or perhaps another previous one, on another site when I was researching this story. I can't remember but I thought they said Nixxes was working on one but that's not something I can guarantee as I checked about a half dozen sites this morning on this just to see if anyone had more insight into what Sony's plans where.

Ghost of Tsushima
Yeah, I really want to play this one but I'm not buying a console for it or any of the others.

I saw mention of that, or perhaps another previous one, on another site when I was researching this story. I can't remember but I thought they said Nixxes was working on one but that's not something I can guarantee as I checked about a half dozen sites this morning on this just to see if anyone had more insight into what Sony's plans where.
HUZZAAAAAAAAAAAH

Become a Patron!
Back