Sony Pictures Delays Morbius by Three Months, Now Slated for April 2022

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
morbius-poster-jared-leto-transformation-1024x576.jpg
Image: Sony Pictures

Sony Pictures has decided to push back the release date of Morbius, its upcoming vampire superhero film starring Jared Leto, by three months.

The delay has been confirmed by entertainment publications such as Variety, which reported this afternoon that the movie is now slated to premiere on April 1, 2022. Morbius was originally set for release this month on January 28.

“It’s not the first time (or the second, or the third) that ‘Morbius’ has had to postpone its red carpet premiere,” Variety noted in its coverage.

“The film was supposed to debut on July 10, 2020, but COVID-19 had other ideas. As the pandemic has raged, ‘Morbius’ has cycled through release dates — at various points it has been scheduled to open on July 31, 2020, then March 19, 2021, then Oct. 8, 2021, and finally moving Jan. 21, 2022, before shifting yet again...

Continue reading...

Ugh, Jared Leto. They can push it back 3 years for all I care.

Does anyone else have a certain actor(s) that they just can't watch?

Does anyone else have a certain actor(s) that they just can't watch?
For me that would be Tom Cruise.

As far as this film goes I'm sure Sony is really beginning to wonder why they greenlit this thing. Sure they want to get sinister Six going and all that but this character has never had the fan base that Venom did and its obvious they thought they'd replicate the success of Venom. I'll be surprised if it manages to surpass Black Widow by much more then 10-20 million. Long before comic movies we already had a bazillion vampire flicks. Even with a twist this one will need something extra to draw people to it. They should've involved more characters like Sable and Black Cat to make it interesting. Captain DeWolff and The Rose storyline? There's more than a few ways it could've been improved rather than a basic origin/intro with all the typical plot twists. This character barely floated on its own in the 70s and 80s.

Become a Patron!
Back