Sony Projected to Sell Fewer than 300,000 PS VR2 Headsets in Its First Weeks on the Market: “It’s a Complete Disaster”

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Analysts have begun calling the PlayStation VR 2 a "complete disaster" because of how poorly Sony's next-generation VR headset has been selling since its launch last month. According to estimates from research firm IDC, Sony is expected to sell only 270,000 units of the PSVR2 between its February 22 release and the end of March, a number that pales in comparison to the number of PS VR2 headsets that Sony had originally planned to produce for the product's launch window, which is reported as being 2 million units. PS VR2 is now available for $549.99, with one of the major titles being Horizon Call of the Mountain, a VR game set in the Horizon universe developed by Guerrilla Games and Firesprite.

See full article...

Buying a VR system that only works with a specific console is pretty dumb.

Would I like to play call of the mountain to more experience that IP and Setting.... sure.

Am I willing to spend north of 1k for the experience... nope. I'll wait for a 2d version or just the second game to come to PC.

Become a Patron!
Back