Sound issues

Denpepe

FPS Regular
So I have been using my AMD rig for gaming since the main PC is in for repairs, thing is that I'm having some sound issues with the TUF B550 motherboard, volume fluctuates a lot, Apex legends is unplayable due to the loudness of the gun sounds, it's deafening and I can't seem to find a solution.

There should be an option to normalise sounds in the playback device settings but it's not there, I do have the latest drivers and I can see a similar option in the realtek control app but it does not fix the issue.

If anyone has any toughts I would greatly appreciate.

My google fu is weak atm due to ongoing eye issues making reading a lot a pain (hence me also not posting as muih anymore)

Sounds like you have some noise booster running. But honestly I haven't ran on my motherboard sound in forever... I just use a USB headset that has it's own sound hardware.

Sounds like you have some noise booster running. But honestly I haven't ran on my motherboard sound in forever... I just use a USB headset that has it's own sound hardware.

Well I'm using a 5.1 speaker set so that's not realy an option.

Make sure you are not running that asus sound crap: Sonic Radar I think it’s called

My google fu is weak atm due to ongoing eye issues making reading a lot a pain (hence me also not posting as muih anymore)
Sorry to hear that and I hope you recover. I too have had some vision issues recently but I seem to be getting better (it's complicated).

Don't really have any answers for this except maybe reinstall some drivers and verify there isn't some crap running in the background overriding the system settings. Nine times out of ten that's what's caused me problems. Make sure none of the Windows "Enhancements are not turned on in properties.

I did some Googling for you and really didn't find anything that would be of any assistance other than a guy replacing his board altogether due to a sound issue unrelated to yours. The Asus audio driver on their site is pretty old so no help there either. I would recommend what peter said and reinstall the drivers.

Well I'm using a 5.1 speaker set so that's not realy an option.
Why you gotta be weird like that? Who even uses desktop surround anymore?!?

...kidding. I'd do it if I had the space, but figuring out sound is a whole nother problem. I'd probably look at a Creative product, they have USB options that do 5.1+. At least with USB, you avoid all the PCI(e) wackiness that Creative hardware is known for.

I did use the 9900k for a bit but it has the same issue, there was some sonic something or other software installed and I toggled an option in there that did help some but not enough, I wonder if it is speaker related, anyways, my main PC is back with my creative soundcard so all should be well again.

Sorry to hear that and I hope you recover. I too have had some vision issues recently but I seem to be getting better (it's complicated).

Most of my therapy consist of trying to stop it from getting worse, while it does improve somewhat sometimes, usually there is lasting damage.

To give you a rough idea of my case have a look at this amsler test image

1695729863347.png

Bottom right is what you should see, mine is a combination of the 2 left ones but with more smaller spots.

Most of my therapy consist of trying to stop it from getting worse, while it does improve somewhat sometimes, usually there is lasting damage.

To give you a rough idea of my case have a look at this amsler test image

View attachment 2716

Bottom right is what you should see, mine is a combination of the 2 left ones but with more smaller spots.
I truly hope for the best for you. I'm sort of lucky, testing has shown mine to be healthy but I have other underlying health conditions affecting my vision and hearing these days. At this point dieting, 6+ weeks since I stopped drinking alcohol, doing some exercise nearly daily, and trying to keep my stress levels low. Meanwhile testing, and more testing to eliminate the causes of various things.

I truly hope for the best for you. I'm sort of lucky, testing has shown mine to be healthy but I have other underlying health conditions affecting my vision and hearing these days. At this point dieting, 6+ weeks since I stopped drinking alcohol, doing some exercise nearly daily, and trying to keep my stress levels low. Meanwhile testing, and more testing to eliminate the causes of various things.

Here's hoping they find out and can get you better. My condition is basically a birthdefect if you will, my eyesight is so bad (-14 on the right one) that this is a result of weakpoints due to how big my eyeballs are.

Here's hoping they find out and can get you better. My condition is basically a birthdefect if you will, my eyesight is so bad (-14 on the right one) that this is a result of weakpoints due to how big my eyeballs are.
I hope they can find a way to help remediate it. My stuff is a cross of being too rough on myself over the years combined with an assortment of inherited DNA things that decided to make appearances in the last decade, plus a number of unknowns at the moment.

I hope they can find a way to help remediate it. My stuff is a cross of being too rough on myself over the years combined with an assortment of inherited DNA things that decided to make appearances in the last decade, plus a number of unknowns at the moment.
It really does stink to get older doesn't it? I wish the best for both you and @Denpepe. I haven't been easy on my body growing up either to due the I'm "invincible" stages when I played sports in my younger years. In late March this year I fell on some ice and landed flat on my back which caused a compression fracture to my L2 vertebrae which makes life very uncomfortable, but it has been better after Kyphoplasty surgery. It's just a pain I feel I have to deal with the rest of my life now just because of a fall. I've never been a person who's been depressed in my life, but now can see why people get that way and I have a better understanding and compassion for those people.

Become a Patron!
Back