Spider-Man 3 Could Have a Deadpool Cameo

Peter_Brosdahl

Staff member
deadpool-and-spider-man-1024x576.jpg
Image: Marvel

With rumored appearances by Doctor Strange, Gwen Stacy, Mary Jane, Doctor Octopus, Green Goblin, Sandman, and more, Spider-Man 3 is set to be an extremely character-packed movie. As if that roster wasn’t enough, a new rumor from...

Continue reading...

I like seeing Deadpool pop up in various places, but it will probably be pretty tame, as Spiderman is PG13...

Too true but family-friendly films have managed double-entendre for a long time now. Short and sweet or keep it short and simple are the keys to making this something of value.

BTW just re-watched the extended DP 2 again, I'll never remember Enya the same again after this movie and that final scene with Juggernaut. . . .my stomach still hurts from laughing.

BTW just re-watched the extended DP 2 again, I'll never remember Enya the same again after this movie and that final scene with Juggernaut. . . .my stomach still hurts from laughing.

I watched that film on BluRay release, and I remember it being hilarious and loving it. I can't for the life of me remember most of the scenes though. Maybe I am ready for a re-watch as well.

Also, it seems like there has been a dizzying number of Spider Man movies in the last several years.

I mean, it feels like just yesterday the first Sam Raimi/Tobey Maguire Spider Man movie came out. It got two sequels, and then almost immediately there was another reboot with Marc Webb/Andrew Garfield which got a sequel, and then there was that Animated Spider-Verse thing, and now they are at it again, with yet another actor playing Peter Parker?

I just can't help but wonder why there was a need for more Spiderman so soon. I kind of expect at least a couple of decades between reboots with new cast.

How many spider man reboots do you need in 20 years? Especially considering that the last spider man movie before Sam Raimi and Tobey Macguire's first film was in the 70's.

I guess I feel a little over-spidered.

Also, it seems like there has been a dizzying number of Spider Man movies in the last several years.
I guess I feel a little over-spidered.
You aren't wrong. A lot of it was because Columbia/Sony had the rights to Spider Man. Fox had X-Men/Daredevil/F4, Hulk was at Universal, and no one really had anything else until Disney bought all of Marvel and kicked off the Avengers series. Those older licenses were all pre-Disney buyout when Marvel was just trying to stay afloat, and they were selling out licenses for their IP as they could - so you see different comic characters at different studios. Now Disney is trying to slowly get them all back, since they own the mother company now.

Once superhero movies became the de-facto "cool thing", yeah, all those studios that had licenses that they hadn't really done much with, all of a sudden wanted to cash in and rebooted it all back up.

We are probably due for another Batman reboot since DC universe has pretty much only survived on the Bat... Oh, look, right on cue.

I watched that film on BluRay release, and I remember it being hilarious and loving it. I can't for the life of me remember most of the scenes though. Maybe I am ready for a re-watch as well.

Yeah me too, haven't seen in a long time. With football winding down after this weekend maybe I will finally have TV time to watch something else.

You aren't wrong. A lot of it was because Columbia/Sony had the rights to Spider Man. Fox had X-Men/Daredevil/F4, Hulk was at Universal, and no one really had anything else until Disney bought all of Marvel and kicked off the Avengers series. Those older licenses were all pre-Disney buyout when Marvel was just trying to stay afloat, and they were selling out licenses for their IP as they could - so you see different comic characters at different studios. Now Disney is trying to slowly get them all back, since they own the mother company now.

Once superhero movies became the de-facto "cool thing", yeah, all those studios that had licenses that they hadn't really done much with, all of a sudden wanted to cash in and rebooted it all back up.

We are probably due for another Batman reboot since DC universe has pretty much only survived on the Bat... Oh, look, right on cue.
Lotsa rumors about a F4 reboot in the works too. There's some that Netflix's Daredevil might get a cameo in something too down the road. A lot of fans are asking he doesn't get redone again and they use a cameo to get things rolling.

Lotsa rumors about a F4 reboot in the works too. There's some that Netflix's Daredevil might get a cameo in something too down the road. A lot of fans are asking he doesn't get redone again and they use a cameo to get things rolling.

What is F4?

What is F4?
Fantastic Four.

Sadly enough, other than Dr. Doom, I liked the cast for the original movies. Granted Alba didn't remotely look like what I imagine Sue to be, but hey, it's Alba, does it really matter? ;) When it comes to Doom though I am extremely picky about hour he should be portrayed. One a of favorite villians of all time and I'm hoping with Marvel/Disney having him back they can get someone worthy to do the "Stranger than Torment" graphic novel. It'd blow peoples minds.

Fantastic Four.

Sadly enough, other than Dr. Doom, I liked the cast for the original movies. Granted Alba didn't remotely look like what I imagine Sue to be, but hey, it's Alba, does it really matter? ;) When it comes to Doom though I am extremely picky about hour he should be portrayed. One a of favorite villians of all time and I'm hoping with Marvel/Disney having him back they can get someone worthy to do the "Stranger than Torment" graphic novel. It'd blow peoples minds.

Ah, I've heard of those.

My apologies, I'm still warming up to the concept of superheroes.

When I was a kid in the early 80's my mother read an article about how comic books could mess up how kids learn to read, and thus by decree all comic books were banned, so I didn't have much exposure to super hero comics growing up.

As a younger adult, I felt the whole super hero genre was somewhat childish and uninteresting requiring too much suspense of disbelief, but I am starting to warm up to them over time, in large part due to the marvel films. They ahve just the right balance of humor in them, especially Deadpool, but even the PG13 ones, to change my mind.

When I was a kid in the early 80's my mother read an article about how comic books could mess up how kids learn to read, and thus by decree all comic books were banned, so I didn't have much exposure to super hero comics growing up.
... explains so much

(I kid)

Ah, I've heard of those.

My apologies, I'm still warming up to the concept of superheroes.

As a younger adult, I felt the whole super hero genre was somewhat childish and uninteresting requiring too much suspense of disbelief, but I am starting to warm up to them over time, in large part due to the marvel films. They ahve just the right balance of humor in them, especially Deadpool, but even the PG13 ones, to change my mind.
Totally understood. I stopped collecting in the late 90's but I've got a friend that always wanted to keep the passion alive so he'd lend me things to read to keep caught up. Somewhere in the early 2000's I started getting things from the internet. I've only really stopped keeping up with things in the last 5-10 years.

When I was a kid my parents felt very much the same but after I'd started giving them summaries of the stories they began to realize there was a lot more depth to them and their only real complaint was how much money I was spending on them. I can say I've owned some pretty special things over the years and met some of the greats such as J. O. Barr, Bill Sienkiewicz(around 5 years ago, even tipped him off that Marvel was working on a New Mutants movie to which he said they hadn't even contacted him and didn't know that-explains a lot about that movie). I even met Chris Claremont back in the 80's at a bookstore no less and still have some signed X-men from him. There's a few others like Paul Smith(Doctor Strange) but I also met Allen Belman who worked with Jack Kirby back before Marvel existed.

Become a Patron!
Back