Stadia Selling Out in Europe

Peter_Brosdahl

Staff member
1568935215594.png
Source: https://twitter.com/GoogleStadia

It seems like they can’t get enough Stadia across the pond. Google announced via it’s twitter page this morning that the $129 Founder’s Edition has sold out in most of Europe. Not to worry though, they’ve got you covered with another package coming out soon.

stadia.png

Source: GoogleStadiaTwitter

According to VGC this particular offering was initially the only option to get a different limited edition controller but both include the other items listed above. It seems that google may have hit the nail on the head with their initial streaming gaming service. Ought to be interesting how other companies follow suit if Google proves to have a successful launch. Have you ordered yours yet?

Last edited:
Have to admit I haven't ordered this yet. Plan to wait it out and see how the whole roll out goes.

Wow,

I guess I lost track of the tech news. I didn't even realize Stafia had launched yet. I thought it was a couple of years off...

Have to admit I haven't ordered this yet. Plan to wait it out and see how the whole roll out goes.

I agree. Don't see the need to rush into this just yet.

I see no reason to ever order it :p

I want my gaming one way and one way only, on a proper PC desktop at a proper desk.

I'm into the whole PC thing because of my geeky love for the hardware. I only play games because I already have the hardware, so why not?

I'd stop gaming all together before I ever even considered using another platform. :p

Yea I think the streaming service is a great idea for those that can't otherwise do it. That laptop you got for college 3 years ago can't play any games really, and is more just a discord client. Fire up Stadia and you can play your games AND your discord! ;)

Of course if you have crappy internet that is a completely different story.

Yea I think the streaming service is a great idea for those that can't otherwise do it. That laptop you got for college 3 years ago can't play any games really, and is more just a discord client. Fire up Stadia and you can play your games AND your discord! ;)

I think it will be OK for some types of games, and absolutely miserable for others. The latency issue is probably what winds up killing it, at least for mouse and keyboard fps players.

It might do OK for console type gameplay though where you are already hampered by a poor controller and thus don't notice latency and framerate as much.

I like that spin on it. So used to building and having my rigs ready for whatever is needed that I hadn't thought about that angle.

Didn't realize you could sell out of a digital product

Can't wait until they cancel it 3 years from now.

Well, presumably they have limited server capacity and don't want to sell more subscriptions than the servers can keep up with.

Please actually read the site/article. The package includes some hardware.

Easy detail to miss. They did something similar to what console manufacturers do with special releases. In this case it was a limited edition type of controller plus the digital content.

Become a Patron!
Back