Star Wars Jedi: Survivor PC Reviews Warn of Stuttering, Crashing, Memory Leaks, and Other Technical Issues: “It’s a Serious Mess”

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
The first reviews for Star Wars Jedi: Survivor were published today, and while the new action-adventure sequel from Respawn Entertainment is getting plenty of praise from critics, one of whom went so far as to call it the best game in the Star Wars franchise since Knights of the Old Republic, PC gamers may want to prepare themselves for another frustrating launch. At least three reviews for Star Wars Jedi: Survivor have warned of serious issues in the PC port of the game, with one from a GameRant writer, who described it as being a "serious mess," alluding to a wide range of problems that include stuttering, crashes, missing textures, clipping issues, memory leaks, and more. Another from RPG Site suggests that some players may not be able to maintain a steady 60 FPS frame rate even with a Ryzen 7 7700X in some portions of the game, while one more from GamersRD claims that the game suffers from graphical problems, such as forced chromatic aberration and what sounds like a weird type of motion blur. Star Wars Jedi: Survivor launches for PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X/S, and PC on April 28, 2023 for $69.99, but it will also be available to play via EA Play Pro, which costs $14.99/month.

See full article...

Well, I was going to pick this up on the PC. I won't be picking it up at all until its fixed on PC. Based on what I've seen of the visuals, there is no excuse for it to run so bad on a 4090 at 2560x1440.

but it is worth mentioning that our final review build of the game didn’t have any of the launch day optimizations players may have at release.

from what I read elsewhere, if you target 30 fps most of the problems go away. Not the 150gb install or needing 32gb of ram though. Also read how a bunch of nvidia features have been disabled, since AMD was a sponsor of this one.... who knows maybe they will patch stuff back in eventually.

Been paying this for over an hour on my main PC with no issues whatsoever. Everything maxed out in 4K.
I just posted a story about how DSOG did their own testing and managed 4K/90 FPS using Epic Settings and ray tracing.

I just read that people with older hardware (say a 9900K/3700X) are more than likely having issues with the game.
844648_Fu0Mx42aEAEhdugformatjpgnamelarge.jpg

It tends to make sense if they are trying to more deeply utilize the available hardware that you would need more compute resources and even I/O resources for a PC because the game is never all a PC is doing. With a PC you'll have dozens of other apps running. Heck just sitting here with my normal no game running stuff... lets see..

My 5900x claims about 3% cpu.
I'm using 10.5gb out of 32gb of ram.
SSD is around 0 - 1 percent
and my GPU is using about 1% ish.

My bar for stuff running in the background has 22 items in it.

If I were not running a fairly decent system I would worry about the performance of this game. There are clearly some optimizations for PC gaming that need to be made but I dare to say ALL of it isn't on the devs of the game. Some we as the community need to own as well.

needing 32gb of ram
Both systems I've played the game on have 32GB of RAM - I wonder if this kept some of the performance issues seen by others away.

Still, I did feel the game stutter to load in environments (it seems) moreso on the 12GB 3080 than the 16GB RX6800, and the 3080 is in a system with DDR5.

I wonder if direct storage would solve this for people with NVME drives.

Become a Patron!
Back