Star Wars: The Acolyte Premieres on Disney+ with a 94% Tomatometer Score

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Star Wars: The Acolyte, the new TV series and mystery thriller from Lucasfilm that introduces a new team of Jedi, set a century before the events of The Phantom Menace during the final days of the High Republic Era, is already a huge win with critics, but not so much with general audiences, according to Rotten Tomatoes, which has the show currently listed with a 94% Tomatometer Score but a 44% Audience Score.

See full article...

I've been hearing more bad than good. Will probably try and watch it soon.

I'm in the middle but hopeful. It at least didn't completely annoy me like Ahsoka did. I'm still kind of pissed off about that one.

We tried watching both episodes last night but due to exhaustion from the day we both fell asleep before the end of the 2nd episode. I will say though, I've seen worse but that's still not giving it praise. You can definitely tell it has a specific target audience and if they like and embrace it then all the power to them. There are some moments where I start to get annoyed and want to check out but then some, where I'm like, that's kind of cool.

I'm still optimistic about it though and it was at least refreshing to see something not wholly dependent on Skywalker or the more current storylines. I will say though, that these shows are more and more feeling like fan films than full-on productions. The effects and costumes are okay but something about them seems more like a low-budget fan films. Maybe its the camera angles, I don't know.

I haven't watched this one yet, but from the other Disney shows, what annoys me the most is you can tell they are on Disney's video screen sound stage. They all have this empty feeling.

We finished watching the 2nd episode last night and we're in, for now. It's obvious the show is aimed at teens to YAs and really has a CW-verse feel to it after a bit but I don't mind. Still on the fence, but like I said before, I've seen worse.

I admit I noticed it immediately when we were watching and thought about it, plus all the times I heard similar things from scientists regarding explosions in space with SW, ST, and Sci-Fi in general, and chose to ignore but yeah, that was pretty bad.

I read a number of things with cast and creators for this one today, both in and out of context, and I'll say I'm going be keeping it all in mind as we watch future episodes. I very much believe in having an open mind but if it gets too far into being like Ahsoka, I'm out with an instant push of the remote button. I'm not going too far into it because we do try to keep things civil here but I'm more than a little uneasy with some of the things I read today from them. There's folks on every side of the fence I could argue with but ultimately I'm more like Treebeard when it comes to such things and I'll leave it at that.

I read a number of things with cast and creators for this one today, both in and out of context, and I'll say I'm going be keeping it all in mind as we watch future episodes. I very much believe in having an open mind but if it gets too far into being like Ahsoka, I'm out with an instant push of the remote button. I'm not going too far into it because we do try to keep things civil here but I'm more than a little uneasy with some of the things I read today from them. There's folks on every side of the fence I could argue with but ultimately I'm more like Treebeard when it comes to such things and I'll leave it at that.
In episode 3, Communist lesbian space witches renamed the force and can produce babies with immaculate conception and the Jedi have been re-framed into child abducting war criminals. It's good to keep an open mind, but not so open that your brain falls out of your head.

This show is straight trash. It's far worse than Ahsoka. It's worse than the Last Jedi, and that's an achievement and not in a good way.

This show screwed up when the pulled w thin red line. You se thin red line was going to be the Vietnam movie with George Clooney and I was hyped. It sucked horribly and he was in the last ten min only.

They took an actress that would have made an awesome dispassionate jedi and killed her in the opening episode **** near the opening credits. I've been meh ever since.

In episode 3, Communist lesbian space witches renamed the force and can produce babies with immaculate conception and the Jedi have been re-framed into child abducting war criminals. It's good to keep an open mind, but not so open that your brain falls out of your head.

That sounds like the plot line for a new Flesh Gordon film.

This show is straight trash. It's far worse than Ahsoka. It's worse than the Last Jedi, and that's an achievement and not in a good way.
Such a bummer. Haven't watched ep3 yet and honestly, now I don't want to. Oh well.

That sounds like the plot line for a new Flesh Gordon film.
It's not that good, nor that entertaining.
Such a bummer. Haven't watched ep3 yet and honestly, now I don't want to. Oh well.
Even episodes 1 & 2 are a **** show. Bland, boring, ridiculous, plot holes that Vader's Super Star Destroyer can fit through with room to spare, no likable characters, etc. This is worse than most fan-fiction and that's a pretty low bar.

I didn't think it was possible to create something in the Star Wars franchise as ridiculous or as bad as The Last Jedi. As of Acolyte Episode 3, I have officially been proven wrong. It's not just the worst Star Wars episode of all time, its one of the worst episodes of any show ever created. I'd rather ****ing marathon the Voyager warp 10 lizard episode, the Enterprise finale, Spock's Brain, the Vic Fontain episodes of DS9, the Ghost sex episode of TNG, and then hate **** my brain with a full Discovery series marathon than see another piece of **** committed to film with the Star Wars name on it.

Last edited:
not touching this one with a 10 foot lightsaber. critical drinker is bashing hard on it.

Watching the episode 3 review now.... "communist lesbian space witches" hahaha

Looks like this is going to a pass for me based on the consensus here and my own findings.

Spoiler alert, thankyou.

Obi-Wan was one of the worst shows I have ever seen in my entire life. Is this one worse? I have a haaaard time imagining worse. The only other SW shows I've seen are The Mandalorian (seasons 1 and 2) and along with that, Boba Fett. So I have no idea how bad or good the rest of the lineup is. But I know that especially after Obi-Wan and those dang Ep7-9 movies that I just don't really give a sh1t about Star Wars anymore, and don't really feel like checking anything else out. And you guys on this forum sure aren't helping.

If I rank all of their series based on writing quality this is the result:

Andor > Mandalorian S1 > Mandalorioan S2 > Ashoka > Mandalorian S3 > Book of boba fett > Obi wan > Acolyte

And anything bellow Mando S2 is not worth the time it takes to watch them. And no, I don't think the 3 better ones are particularly worthwhile either. Andor is a boring series centered around a character who dies in Rogue One, who I didn't care about to begin with. Mando S1 and S2 were just barely good enough so I didn't feel like I wasted my time watching them.

If someone says they are a Star Wars fan and Acolyte doesn't completely breaks them, then I'd argue they were not Star Wars fans, but fans of robes, fancy lights and pew pew.

Last edited:
Become a Patron!
Back