Star Wars: The Acolyte Premieres on Disney+ with a 94% Tomatometer Score

If I rank all of their series based on writing quality this is the result:

Andor > Mandalorian S1 > Mandalorioan S2 > Ashoka > Mandalorian S3 > Book of boba fett > Obi wan > Acolyte

And anything bellow Mando S2 is not worth the time it takes to watch them. And no, I don't think the 3 better ones are particularly worthwhile either. Andor is a boring series centered around a character who dies in Rogue One, who I didn't care about to begin with. Mando S1 and S2 were just barely good enough so I didn't feel like I wasted my time watching them.

If someone says they are a Star Wars fan and Acolyte doesn't completely breaks them, then I'd argue they were not Star Wars fans, but fans of robes, fancy lights and pew pew.
I think Andor is a show that is better than it has any right to be. It was a flawed concept that aside from pacing issues here and there was executed really well. Mandalorian Seasons 1 & 2 are honestly not fantastic, but entertaining enough for what they are. I think they would have been much more poorly received had they come out at a time when Star Wars was more popular and more well liked. The show was primarily well received simply because it came out after Disney had already **** the bed with two of the sequel trilogy movies.

People were just happy to have watchable Star Wars rather than the bullshit JJ Abrams and Rian Johnson were regurgitating out of Kathleen Kennedy's butthole.

That's literally the definition of starwars fan ;):p:D
That's exactly what a tourist would say, who only cares about themes and superficial things.

A fan of the actual Star Wars universe cares about world building, history, consistency, continuity, rules.

That's exactly what a tourist would say, who only cares about themes and superficial things.

A fan of the actual Star Wars universe cares about world building, history, consistency, continuity, rules.
What if I was a star wars fan, was broken by The Last Jedi, and now just watch for fancy light saber fights and pew pew?

Jedi Outcast is still the one to beat IMO

Yep that one is the GOAT. I also liked Jedi Academy but that was probably more for the lan party lightsaber battles than the actual campaign story.

Also relevant, but will it ever get completed? Outcast remake

Become a Patron!
Back