Starfield Gets a 15-Minute Official Gameplay Reveal: Over 1,000 Planets to Explore

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Bethesda has finally shared the first gameplay footage for its highly anticipated space-faring RPG, Starfield, offering a 15-minute-long glimpse at the incredible worlds and vehicles that players can expect when the game arrives next year.

Go to post

Looks like they'll be out-Star Citizen'ing Star Citizen...

Looks like they'll be out-Star Citizen'ing Star Citizen...
They could have a space game where you fly around a SINGLE planet and mine asteroids and fight others for rights... and as long as it releases to retail it would STILL OUT STAR CITIZEN, STAR CITIZEN!

Every game that actually sees a retail release that began development at a date later than 2011!! has out done Star Citizen.

I'll pay $60 for that 15 minutes and pay more for the DLC later! 🤣 I feel like it's been forever since I've looked forward to a game. Now I have this and Diablo.

Soooo... Fallout meets a mini No Man's Sky? Sounds okay to me.
The space graphics look good but the planetary graphics look extremely sparse and dated and that frame rate needs serious work. Hopefully those things will be improved before release.

What is this sniz?! StarMeetsSkyAt76?! So, Bethesda took YEARS just to reuse everything in FO, a pinch of SC, with A LOT of No Man's Sky? I hope Hello Games are receiving the proceeds. 😏

The graphics/textures/animations looks so outdated I couldn't continue to watch it.

OhHHhh, looky-looky! Pronouns with extra! 🙃

~it is all a dream, I'll wake up soon~

Last edited:
I played Oblivion, Skyrim, Fallout4, even Fallout 3 without mods first and still enjoyed them. Acting like bethesda games are unpayable without extreme modding is gross over dramatization.

Frankly I don't get all the negativity towards starfield, so many people hating on it, and none has a legitimate reason, they just throw out some generic adjective and call it an argument.

Frankly I don't get all the negativity towards starfield, so many people hating on it, and none has a legitimate reason, they just throw out some generic adjective and call it an argument.
I think there's some genuine concern about the 'new' functionality being brought in, as well as how poorly Fallout 76 went - but it could also be that Fallout 76 was an afterthought because Bethesda was investing most of its resources in Starfield!

I played Oblivion, Skyrim, Fallout4, even Fallout 3 without mods first and still enjoyed them. Acting like bethesda games are unpayable without extreme modding is gross over dramatization.
Yeah I played most of those, but beat only a couple.

Playable - certainly. But you have to be willing to gloss over a lot of quirks and bugs, especially shortly after release. And I've never thought their graphic engine was that good - it always looked a bit plasticy and the animations janky with spotty performance.

I think there's some genuine concern about the 'new' functionality being brought in, as well as how poorly Fallout 76 went - but it could also be that Fallout 76 was an afterthought because Bethesda was investing most of its resources in Starfield!
I was against Fallout 76 by default, it was unnecessary, and not their field of expertise. I mean the creation engine is janky even on single player, it was obvious that it would be a friggin disaster for a multiplayer title. It's as if Ferrari started making city buses, sure they could probably pull it off, but it wouldn't be very good or profitable.
Yeah I played most of those, but beat only a couple.
I have put hundreds of hours in Oblivion, Skyrim and F3, only using some cosmetic mods. I have over 100 hours even in F4, which I played the least. The community patches were always news to me, I never actually encountered any of the issues they fixed.
Playable - certainly. But you have to be willing to gloss over a lot of quirks and bugs, especially shortly after release. And I've never thought their graphic engine was that good - it always looked a bit plasticy and the animations janky with spotty performance.
The quirks are a byproduct of the creation engine, there is no fix for that, the creation engine sucks, But just as I enjoyed Cyberpunk 2077 shortly after release, I'm sure I'll enjoy Starfield too. Sometimes gamers seem like such a whiny bunch, oh, there is a T-pose glitch that happened once in the game, now everything is ruined and the game is an 1/10, REEEEEEEEEEEE.

Sometimes gamers seem like such a whiny bunch, oh, there is a T-pose glitch that happened once in the game, now everything is ruined and the game is an 1/10, REEEEEEEEEEEE.
Same for Mass Effect: Andromeda, which I beat in its much-maligned release state, and had a blast. Basically the week of release. I then proceeded to play through it two more times, once at each of the two highest difficulty levels, and it only got better.

I still have a chip on my shoulder for the self-unaware memelords that tanked that game's reputation. They were literally all wrong, and managed to miss all of the real shortcomings for annoyances that didn't even amount to Bethesda-grade game-breaking release bugs!

Same for Mass Effect: Andromeda, which I beat in its much-maligned release state, and had a blast. Basically the week of release. I then proceeded to play through it two more times, once at each of the two highest difficulty levels, and it only got better.
I pre-ordered ME:Andromeda, and the internet actually convinced me I made a mistake, until I started playing it and realized it is actually fine.
I still have a chip on my shoulder for the self-unaware memelords that tanked that game's reputation. They were literally all wrong, and managed to miss all of the real shortcomings for annoyances that didn't even amount to Bethesda-grade game-breaking release bugs!
That's because its real shortcomings only manifest themselves in the second half of the game, a good 25-30 hours into it at least.

If I had to rank the launch state of games from worst to best it would be like this:

1. Skryim
  2. Cyberpunk 2077
  3. Fallout 3
  4. Fallout 4
  5. Me: Andromeda

I'm of the same feel. I saw the video for Star field and and it looked fine to me. I'm hoping for a great game I can enjoy and expect it. Will need to see a lot more before I consider pre ordering. But I'm rather positive they will get my money.

What I don't want was that game we ended up getting that was supposedly like Fallout.. Outer Worlds. I just couldn't make the jump and enjoy that one like I wanted too.

The quirks are a byproduct of the creation engine, there is no fix for that, the creation engine sucks, But just as I enjoyed Cyberpunk 2077 shortly after release, I'm sure I'll enjoy Starfield too. Sometimes gamers seem like such a whiny bunch, oh, there is a T-pose glitch that happened once in the game, now everything is ruined and the game is an 1/10, REEEEEEEEEEEE.

I don't think noticing egregious plotholes is a matter of taste. Unless you have a taste for plotholes :p

Seems like it's kinda the same thing to me, or at the very least two sides of the same coin -- that being some flaw in an entertainment product. Funny how you can accept one but not the other.

😉

Seems like it's kinda the same thing to me, or at the very least two sides of the same coin -- that being some flaw in an entertainment product. Funny how you can accept one but not the other.

😉

Honestly it's just that I've figured out MadMummy and I ENJOY bitching about SOMETHING. Even if we otherwise enjoy that same thing. :)

Despite  owning IdTech, and the availability of UE, Bethesda keeps polishing the turd that is the Creation Engine. Starfield is showing the same failings of every Bethesda game for the last 10+ years. The game could turn out to be very enjoyable, but there is no excuse for the developer's laziness.

😉
A boom visible in frame or janky cgi that's a small flaw equatable to a T-pose glitch in a game, not the entire plot hinging on the characters not seeing something because it's off camera. A graphical or animation glitch and plot holes the size of the moon that completely break down the narrative, are hardly two sides of the same coin.

Did you even read my criticism of the episodes? I hope you don't think the plot holes I complained about are equatable to minor technical glitches in games. Narrative is key, in games and in TV / movies as well. I don't play / watch them because they look pretty, I don't mind if they do, but looking good does not make up for a lack of meaningful story.

Become a Patron!
Back