Steam Deck Screen Upgrade Offers 1920×1200 Resolution, Improved Adobe RGB Color Coverage, and Anti-Glare for $99

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
FX Technology Limited has announced that it will be selling a third-party screen upgrade for the Steam Deck called the DeckHD that bumps the device's display resolution up to 1920x1200 and offers 74% coverage of the Adobe RGB color space. The original Steam Deck display, in comparison, offers a 1280x800 resolution and 45% coverage of the AdobeRGB color space, and while there are some similarities between the two screens, including IPS technology, 400 nits of brightness, and a 60 Hz refresh rate, all DeckHD units come standard with anti-glare coating, a premium feature that Valve has reserved for its highest-end Steam Deck units. Users may join the waitlist to be notified once the DeckHD display, which is estimated to cost $99, becomes available.

See full article...

Same size though? That's my main gripe with the Deck, the screen is too small for my liking.

Would have been nice if it supported a higher refresh rate, and especially VRR.

Same size though? That's my main gripe with the Deck, the screen is too small for my liking.
If it was bigger then it wouldn't fit in the Steam Deck. It's a replacement screen. Can't make it bigger unless Valve makes the whole system bigger.

I feel like 1200p is wasted on a screen of this size.

I agree. I'm not in the market for one of these, or any of the others, but that screen does seem to small to me as well. It's nice that the color space has improved as that is something most can notice more easily than the resolution at that size.

Become a Patron!
Back