Sucker Punch Working on Ghost of Tsushima Sequel for PS5?

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
ghost-of-tsushima-key-art-1024x576.jpg
Image: Sucker Punch

It appears that Sly Cooper and inFAMOUS studio Sucker Punch is working on a sequel to its brilliant 2020 action-adventure samurai game, Ghost of Tsushima. The possibility stems from video/cinematic creative director Dave Molloy, who noted on his LinkedIn page that he was currently working on a Ghost of Tsushima game for Sony’s next-gen console, the PlayStation 5.

“Dave has a passion and super strength in artistic visual storytelling, editorial, and cinematography,” Molloy’s LinkedIn profile reads. “Also excels in art experimentation, creative thinking and team collaboration. Presently working on the Ghost of Tsushima game for Sony PS5. And sometimes takes commercial freelance work on the side. Check his Vimeo portfolio for work updates.”

This isn’t the first time that we’ve seen signs of a...

Continue reading...

A sequel huh? That's cool I guess. I've barely started playing the first game. I wouldn't mind seen a new Sly Cooper though. Or an actual 3rd Infamous game that's not a spin-off. Would rather have Sly Cooper though. But yeah if they wanna make a sequel to GoT, more power to 'em.

I actually visited Sucker Punch in Bellevue WA when I went to visit my lil brother in 2013 for his college graduation. Well, I tried to visit them. The elevator would not let you get off on their floor without a pass. Out of all the WA game companies I visited when I was over there, this was the only one I didn't actually get to see.

Seems like a no-brainer that they'd do a sequel. The game broke many sales records for the PS4. If I remember correctly, it was also one of the few to take advantage of the increased specs of the PS5 as well. Also, I think I remember that Sony bought Sucker Punch which means they'd love to continue that momentum.

Seems like a no-brainer that they'd do a sequel. The game broke many sales records for the PS4. If I remember correctly, it was also one of the few to take advantage of the increased specs of the PS5 as well. Also, I think I remember that Sony bought Sucker Punch which means they'd love to continue that momentum.
Sony acquired Sucker Punch in 2011.

Become a Patron!
Back