System Shock Remake Release WIndow Announced by Nightdive Studios for March 2023

Peter_Brosdahl

Staff member
Nightdive Studios has announced, via its Kickstarter page, that the latest System Shock remake release date window will be in March 2023.

See full article...

Latest? F these people, I have zero faith left that they'll ever deliver a game, and even less faith that they deliver a decent game.

I'll believe it when I see it. Coming up on 7 years since the Kickstarter. Have they been using Chris Roberts as a consultant?

As I often will browse developer's and publisher's social media pages in a hunt for new official images, besides their own website, I was a bit bummed by a post I saw on their FB page. Someone commented on how they'd preordered the game on Steam but there was no mention there that the game was still in the Kickstarter phase and only found out through this update announcement. They felt deceived in pre-ordering something that's had so many release date changes.

I know a lot of Kickstarter games get listed on Steam but can't say how many I've seen that made it to pre-order status while still on Kickstarter, but honestly it's not something I really track. There's a bit to consider with these dynamics since even AAA studios will often put up pre-orders and then push release dates back multiple times. Sometimes it even gets so bad they refund it all so when it comes to these smaller teams it can get even more tricky.

It's not that pushing back the date is the end of the world, but they were clearly stringing people along with their dates. It's a deceptive and scummy tactic to get more people to pre-order.

Become a Patron!
Back