Take-Two CEO Suggests Remastered Versions of Grand Theft Auto V Won’t Be “Simple Ports”

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
grand-theft-auto-v-bikini-blonde-1024x576.jpg
Image: Rockstar Games

The remastered, next-gen versions of Rockstar Games’ nearly eight-year-old (but still incredibly popular) open-world action-adventure title, Grand Theft Auto V, will not be your average ports. The claim stems from an article published by Video Games Chronicle, which echoed statements that Take-Two Interactive CEO Strauss Zelnick made today during Morgan Stanley’s Technology, Media, & Telecom Conference. Zelnick touched upon the upcoming GTAV remasters and provided some suggestions as to how they should be approached, revealing that they shouldn’t be “simple ports,” among other nuggets of wisdom.

“We’ve done great with the Mafia series, for example, and Grand Theft Auto [V] is now heading into its third generation which is incredible,” Zelnick...

Continue reading...

F GTAV, they should update GTA3, Vice City and maybe San Andreas instead.

GTA IV holds up pretty well today too, there is not much need to update it.
I would say take out GFWL, bring back the music they ripped out of it. Update it with some Ray Tracing.
Change no gameplay, just make it work on modern platforms and I would pay again for it. Sorry I love that game.

I wonder if the update will be free to current owners.

This is a game that doesn't need it. All the mods alone out there pretty do the job already. Definitely double-dip bait.

They probably stole Natural Vision Evolved mod and incorporated it.

The mod community for GTAV is huge.

I would say take out GFWL, bring back the music they ripped out of it. Update it with some Ray Tracing.
Change no gameplay, just make it work on modern platforms and I would pay again for it. Sorry I love that game.
They removed GFWL in an update released a year ago, but they replaced it with the Rockstar launcher. As far as I know the "downgrader" patch that restores music was updated to work with this version. I don't understand why the music needed to be removed from the game for people who bought it prior to 2018 in the first place, though.

Become a Patron!
Back