Tesla's Low-Poly Cybertruck Has Already Received 146,000 Pre-Orders

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Tesla's "bulletproof" glass may have shattered in a cringeworthy and embarrassing display, but the reputation of the Cybertruck was evidently left undented. Elon Musk took to Twitter today to boast about the vehicle's appeal by revealing that he had already received 146K orders for the low-poly, PSOne-era model. Electrek broke down the numbers: RWD (24,820), AWD (61,320), and Tri Motor AWD (59,860). That's over $8 billion, which isn't too shabby for something that the entire internet seems to be laughing at.

It compares to Tesla securing 180,000 Model 3 reservations within the first 24 hours after the unveiling in 2016. However, Tesla was requiring a $1,000 deposit to place a pre-order at that time. As for the Model Y, Tesla never released reservation numbers for the electric crossover, which was unveiled in March of this year.

You don't buy a truck for looks but work. Stupid City slickers have ruined the working man's vehicle. I hate seeing f150s driving around the city just polluting the air doing nothing. Kudos to Tesla for being bold and futuristic instead of Dino brains running on Dino fuel.

You don't buy a truck for looks but work. Stupid City slickers have ruined the working man's vehicle. I hate seeing f150s driving around the city just polluting the air doing nothing. Kudos to Tesla for being bold and futuristic instead of Dino brains running on Dino fuel.

I loved how my 93 Toyota 4WD PU looked with it's pseudo candy apple red paint job but bought it for specs. Got it used at 65k miles. Drove until 200k+ miles and around then part of the odometer broke. Around 50K offroad with it plus numerous custom mods I did by hand. Sadly an ice accident took it out around 1-2 years after the odometer broke. A year later someone came by to buy it when they saw it in my driveway. Took the key and started right up. I laughed and cried. Good sale.

Someone would have to pay me to drive this thing around. I like the idea but dear lord it looks awful.

Become a Patron!
Back