The Elder Scrolls Online to Get NVIDIA DLAA (Deep Learning Anti-Aliasing)

Peter_Brosdahl

Staff member
the-elder-scrolls-online-greymoor-key-art-1024x576.jpg
Image: ZeniMax Online Studios

The Elder Scrolls Online (ESO) will be the first game to get NVIDIA’s DLAA (Deep Learning Anti Aliasing) technology. Lead graphics designer Alex Tardif broke the news on social media, detailing how it’s a perfect fit for ESO. The feature will improve visuals while retaining high FPS without using the upscaling component of DLSS.

Supersampling technology has become more mainstream in 2021 following the introduction of DLSS by NVIDIA and FSR from AMD. Intel is also working on its own solution. These techniques use lower resolutions to create the final image, but DLAA aims does the opposite by rendering at native resolution. The new technology is suspected to require RTX hardware...

Continue reading...

When DLSS 1.0 came out, I was more impressed by the AA quality than anything else. It's the best AA solution so far (far better than TAA) and I wondered if nvidia could implement just the AA part and ditch the "AI upsampling" which sucked at the time.

Great to see Elder Scroll do just that. Unfortunately it does require developer implementation and it really makes sense in games with high framerates. Still nice to have it.

Will be interesting to see. I haven't played ESO in years, but may fire it back up to see how it looks following this.

Become a Patron!
Back