The Last Jedi Director “Prays to God” He’ll Be Able to Direct Another Star Wars Movie

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Rian Johnson is keen on returning to the Star Wars universe, according to new comments shared by the director responsible for 2017's Star Wars: Episode VIII - The Last Jedi.

See full article...

This is just pure trolling and fan baiting, to try and keep sw in the conversation. Because there is no movie in the making, and even if they do make one it will be 3 years minimum before it can be released.

I don't think the person responsible for slaughtering the golden goose is the solution.

Rian Johnson can go eat a bag of d!cks. The Last Jedi completely derailed the new trilogy. Force awakens wasn't awesome, but it wasn't horrible either. One could argue the script did it, but he is also credited as a writer so I don't think that holds water.

Rian Johnson can go eat a bag of d!cks. The Last Jedi completely derailed the new trilogy. Force awakens wasn't awesome, but it wasn't horrible either. One could argue the script did it, but he is also credited as a writer so I don't think that holds water.
After the initial viewing that was my thinking as well, but in hindsight I realized that it was indeed horrible, just not as horrible as the last jedi. After force awakens star wars was still salvageable. After Last Jedi it doesn't matter what they do, because I won't watch it. As I did not watch solo and rise of whatever either. I wouldn't even pirate them.

After the initial viewing that was my thinking as well, but in hindsight I realized that it was indeed horrible, just not as horrible as the last jedi. After force awakens star wars was still salvageable. After Last Jedi it doesn't matter what they do, because I won't watch it. As I did not watch solo and rise of whatever either. I wouldn't even pirate them.
Solo's not terrible, if you just view it as a train robbery / heist sci fi flick. Not great, but not terrible.

Solo's not terrible, if you just view it as a train robbery / heist sci fi flick. Not great, but not terrible.
I hadn't thought of it that way but I agree. I felt it wasn't as bad as the media hype bashing but not great either. Funny, now I feel like watching it again.

I didn't mind Force Awakens and can still occasionally take enjoyment in watching it. TLJ on the other hand, I tried for years to get into it and after every re-watch, I felt it was worse than the time before. Kind of the same for Rise of Skywalker. If I had the time and energy what I'd really like to do is go in and edit parts of both together. I do believe there's a good story to tell but the two movies as is just hurt to try and watch again. Rise of is actually the first SW title I never bought on physical media and I've had multiple versions of everything before it. I got it on Prime during the lockdown and at first enjoyed some of it but now it's on the maybe in a couple more years list if I feel like it.

Good. Because if you had, you still would have been ripped off. Waste of your time and Internet bandwidth. The kind of movies where even watching them for free is a bad deal.
That's how I felt about Momoa Conan and a few other things at the time before I stopped sailing those seas. It's bad when you get something for free and feel you were robbed of time.

Oddly enough even though Rogue One is my favorite of the new movie projects, I still haven't been able to get into Andor and I've heard great things about it. It's that just every time I try I fall asleep.

Oddly enough even though Rogue One is my favorite of the new movie projects, I still haven't been able to get into Andor and I've heard great things about it. It's that just every time I try I fall asleep.
It's not bad, but it's another one of those series that would have been much better off if they just made a movie out of it.

Trying to serialize it, it has pacing issues - as you point out. But if it were to have been a 2.5ish movie and cut out a bunch of the fluff they are using just to fill out episode time, it would flow just about right.

I tought the last trilogy was heaps better then the previous one, those were some of the worst castings in the history if cinema.

Haven't seen any of the Disney+ series and films so far, might be soonish if netflix does not improve soon

I tought the last trilogy was heaps better then the previous one, those were some of the worst castings in the history if cinema.
I kinda agree with this. A lot of things about 1 / 2 / 3 make me cringe, but over all I thought it had a continuity of the story. The last 3 I thought were better movies (that is a low bar) but felt disconnected and recycled, it didn’t feel like part of a continuing series but more like a spin-off or poorly written fan fiction.

None of it was in the same class as the originals though.

I tought the last trilogy was heaps better then the previous one,
At this point, I just can't say one way or another. I suppose each has something but neither makes me want to sit down and watch them again soon.

I did a re-watch of the prequels right around the time Force Awakens came out and it was rough. There are some parts I like a lot but as a whole it's rough.

They arent good movies ( disney) , once we die off, no one will even remember they existed. I do think the original trilogy is as indelible as a movie can get, and really they are the only reason all other SW productions get so much leeway in critism from regular people ; that and the fact that its pushed hard in media and promotion etc of course.

poorly written fan fiction.
More like anti-fan fiction.

The Force Awakens was the most benign, but it was recycling new hope and some of empire strikes back. Didn't bring anything to the table, it slithered by on nostalgia alone, and people were slow to realize how bad it actually is. Rey is a textbook example of a Mary Sue, and the rest of the characters are filler.

Then came The Last Jedi which set out to ruin the legacy of star wars not out of incompetence, but sheer malice and spite. It is a 0/10 movie if there ever was one, there is literally not a single redeeming quality to it, unless you are on the bandwagon of haters who revel in seeing other people's toys being destroyed.

I liked the prequel trilogy dramatically more than The Force Awakens and Last Jedi. Force Awakens was generally just a rehash of a New Hope, and the Last Jedi was so bad I didn't even bother watching Rise of Skywalker, and this is from someone who read the entire set of extended universe SW books (stopping when the books became "legacy").

Disney should have just taken a page out of the Marvel playbook - SW had a ton of material to work with. All Disney had to do was harvest the best of the expanded universe books, made Thrawn the Villian of 7-9, and twist in the best of the various "Luke runs a Jedi School" plots that were in the different books. I'm still in awe they could screw it up.

Its getting a lot better. IME most Disney+ series start really slow and pickup after mid-season.

Become a Patron!
Back