The Last of Us (HBO) Is a Hit with Critics: 97% Tomatometer Score

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
HBO's The Last of Us is a worthy adaptation of Naughty Dog's 2013 action-adventure game, if critics are to be believed. Over on Rotten Tomatoes, the show masterminded by Craig Mazin (Chernobyl) and Neil Druckmann, who co-directed and wrote the original, is listed with a 97% Tomatometer score at the time of this posting, derived from 38 reviews, the majority of which are overwhelmingly positive. Some have claimed that The Last of Us is the best video game adaptation ever.

See full article...

Critics hasn't been trustworthy in the last 5 years at the least. I'll believe it when I see it, and I'll probably going to see this one. Many of these critics I bet were not even in high school when TLOU came out in 2013.

As long g as he says "this is the way" I'll be happy.
If he says that it will probably be crap, because that would suggest they think of it as a joke, something not to be taken seriously, a video game adaptation that is. I already got that vibe from the interviews with the cast and crew, that they all think video games are worthless and stupid and beneath them. Especially the showrunner, who seems the most insolent. They outright banned Bella Ramsey from playing the game and getting familiarized with what she should be playing. Doesn't exactly chimes as the ingredients for a faithful adaptation to me.

And don't let Druckman's involvement fool you either, he isn't the same person he was in 2013, and even if he has some artistic integrity and respect for the original lore left, I suspect his credit for the series is more honorary rather than actually having a say.

Last edited:
If he says that it will probably be crap, because that would suggest they think of it as a joke, something not to be taken seriously, a video game adaptation that is. I already got that vibe from the interviews with the cast and crew, that they all think video games are worthless and stupid and beneath them. Especially the showrunner, who seems the most insolent. They outright banned Bella Ramsey from playing the game and getting familiarized with what she should be playing. Doesn't exactly chimes as the ingredients for a faithful adaptation to me.

And don't let Druckman's involvement fool you either, he isn't the same person he was in 2013, and even if he has some artistic integrity and respect for the original lore left, I suspect his credit for the series is more honorary rather than actually having a say.
I wasn't aware they actively hated games and wanted to see them burn.

I wasn't aware they actively hated games and wanted to see them burn.
The gaming industry has grown much larger in recent years dethroning hollywood from the top of entertainment. While some might revel in this and take it as an opportunity, I think many conservative filmmakers are offended by this development and their ego is not able to cope with movie / TV being less important than videogames.

I re-watched the trailer again last night and it has all the usual hype-type tricks to get someone hooked for a mega-action blockbuster theatrical release. It might be good but I haven't really gotten into these games. I'm a little burnt out on zombie apocalypse-type stuff after spending so much time playing the RE and Metro games plus the ton of movies/shows that did the same. I'm not knocking the game or this shows but right now it's not something I'm likely to start, but I hope the best for them.

If everyone here gives it enough praise I might give it a shot sooner but for now I've got other things on my plate, like the Dead Space remake coming out in a couple of weeks (btw Steam is now offering DS2 for free with pre-orders).

They outright banned Bella Ramsey from playing the game and getting familiarized with what she should be playing. Doesn't exactly chimes as the ingredients for a faithful adaptation to me.
What the fuuuuuuuuuuuuuck, why would they do that?!?!?!!! That's even worse than the sh1tty voice actress they got to play Samus in that piece-of-sh1t game Other M who said she has never even so much as touched a Metroid game before!

I never f*cking liked that @ssclown to begin with. I never had any problems with Naughty Dog or anything they did until they started letting this f*cker be in charge of making games.

Become a Patron!
Back