The SilverStone Air Slimmer 140 Is a 15.5 mm Thin Cooling Fan Now Available with or without ARGB

Peter_Brosdahl

Staff member
Using an all-copper fluid-dynamic bearing motor it is capable of up to 1700 RPM and can produce airflow up to 82 CFM with a static pressure of 2mmH₂O while reaching a noise level of ~ 33 dBA. The SilverStone Air Slimmer 140 can support slower fan speeds, all the way down to 0 RPM thus providing further options for silent cooling, as long as the motherboard supports it.

See full article...

Can’t all fans do this?
I think some, depending on the motherboard do odd things, sputter or start/stop intermittently, depending on the motherboard support. I remember reading something similar either in the MSI app I use or maybe it was in the instructions with some of the newer Noctua fans I've used in my rigs.

I think some, depending on the motherboard do odd things, sputter or start/stop intermittently, depending on the motherboard support. I remember reading something similar either in the MSI app I use or maybe it was in the instructions with some of the newer Noctua fans I've used in my rigs.
I was being somewhat facetious. That would be very low RPM. Lots of motors have issues with starting torque vs running torque when trying to go very very slow. So, yeah, I do realize that is what the article was intending to convey.

Pretty sure every fan ever made will hit 0 RPM no problem though.

Become a Patron!
Back