The Stranger Things Universe Is Expanding with an Animated Spin-Off, VR Game, and Stage Show

Peter_Brosdahl

Staff member
Netflix has announced that the Stranger Things universe is set to expand with projects ranging from the small screen to the stage, and even virtual reality. Currently, there is not much known about the animated show other than that Netflix has ordered the show. Stranger Things: The First Shadow is a new stage show set to open in London towards the end of the year and takes place in 1959 and is a new story that will explore how it all began. Announced in November 2022 the Stranger Things VR game will allow players to play as the evil sorcerer-protagonist, Vecna, and is set to launch at the end of the year.

See full article...

But... I mean... I uhh... I don't get it. I am at least not seeing a translation to video game for it unless you play 11 and mental blast everything. I could see the setting having a great crossover with the Control world.

Is the show even popular now? I watched the first season and thought it was ok but not great. An amusing nostalgia trip for sure. When the second season came out and many people I knew who were far more into it said it was just ok or bad I checked out.

play 11 and mental blast everything. I could see the setting having a great crossover with the Control world.
That's a cool thought. I'm not really into VR stuff so this doesn't really appeal to me but it is interesting they chose the villain to be the character you get to play.

Is the show even popular now? I watched the first season and thought it was ok but not great. An amusing nostalgia trip for sure. When the second season came out and many people I knew who were far more into it said it was just ok or bad I checked out.
Yeah, the 2nd and 3rd seasons were meh at best. They had some high points but definitely had the stream fatigue/pacing thing going on. We really enjoyed the 4th season though but I still hate how streaming pacing strategies seem to always interfere with a consistent watching experience.

I watched the first season and enjoyed it. Made it two or three episodes into the second and never looked back.
We're kind of addicted to seeing where it ends up but trust me, that may've been the best choice. I'd almost recommend to folks to watch the 1st, skip to the 4th, and only go back for highlights as needed.

Become a Patron!
Back