The Witcher 3 Remastered Launches Today Bringing Updated Visuals and Game Mechanics to the Game Originally Released in 2015

Peter_Brosdahl

Moderator
Staff member
Joined
May 28, 2019
Messages
11,125
Reaction score
7,887
CD PROJEKT RED has released The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt — Remastered, a new version of the 2015 game that has been overhauled with updated visuals and many other changes. Rather than just doing some touch-ups to its graphics, CDPR worked with legendary modder Halk Hogan once again to update many of the game’s visuals, […]

See full article...
 
Looks like this directly upgrades the complete edition copy I have in Steam instead of creating a new entry. I hope that whatever remastering has been done can be deactivated and players can play the game in either of it's prior states (the rerelease with DX12/RT we got a few years ago, or even the OG DX11 version).

So long as everything can be reverted, I say play ball.
 
I wasn't gonna bother to mess around with this until the new expansion comes out next year, but after reading the full update notes, I gotta say I'm kinda curious: https://www.thewitcher.com/au/en/news/52041/see-whats-new-in-the-witcher-3-wild-hunt-remastered
For someone like me who went through the original game and both expansions long before the game even got the next-gen update (the previous major overhaul), reading about the changes in the remaster makes it seems like almost a whole new game. I'd have to start a new file and play everything all over again just to see and really appreciate all the changes. Good gawd man, CDPR never f*ck around, do they?

I hope that whatever remastering has been done can be deactivated and players can play the game in either of it's prior states (the rerelease with DX12/RT we got a few years ago, or even the OG DX11 version).

So long as everything can be reverted, I say play ball.
Witcher_3_All_Versions_Accessible.png
 
They could easily charge for this update since it looks non-trivial and must've taken considerable man hours. A sign that the company isn't inherently evil.
 
They could easily charge for this update since it looks non-trivial and must've taken considerable man hours. A sign that the company isn't inherently evil.

They could also be smart enough to not make it annoying to figure out what version is what in the game launcher.
 
Become a Patron!
Back
Top