The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Patch 4.03 Fixes Ray Tracing Bugs, Adds Intel Xe Super Sampling Support

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
CD PROJEKT RED has confirmed that Patch 4.03 for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt is being rolled out for PC, PlayStation, and Xbox players. Some of the highlights of the latest patch include the introduction of Xe Super Sampling, Intel's upscaling technology, for the PC version of the game, as well as performance improvements to ray-traced global illumination and ray-traced reflections. Some bugs relating to ray tracing have also been addressed, including incorrect shadows. CD PROJEKT RED noted that this patch contains other minor fixes that it didn't bother putting into the patch notes.

See full article...

I haven't even tested the 4.02 patch yet. I did a lot of testing with 4.01. Most of what I know about how 4.02 performs was thanks to @Peter_Brosdahl. I still wanna do some testing with it before I move to 4.03, so I will probably have to block the update from downloading for the time being. I've been busy with other games though, such as RDR2. Don't know when I'll get back to f*cking around with W3.

I played it a little last night on the 5800X3D/4090 rig and didn't really notice much of a difference. Seemed a little smoother but that rig is a pretty big hammer for this nail and it's been doing well since 4.02. I still use my custom ReBar settings with it as well. I'm almost done with it having finished nearly all the side quests and now just getting back to finishing the UMA storyline and then there's not a whole lot left. Overall it's been fantastic but I did encounter some crash-happy sections here and there, but if I remember correctly, they were in spots that have had issues from the original versions long ago. I occasionally have seen the purple transparency issues that popped up with the addition of RT but it's not consistent and sometimes either restarting the game or the PC fixes it.

Overall though, I cannot emphasize how incredible this game looks on the C2. The added view on the CRG9 is nice but I'm always in awe of the added detail I see on the C2. It's been a blast revisiting it and I've seen that Halk Hogan is already releasing another pack for it but I think I'm done after this play through. I've probably put in close to 1000+ hours, collectively, since its release with all the play throughs I've done.

Become a Patron!
Back