Transformers One Trailer Reveals CG Origin Film with Voicework from Chris Hemsworth, Scarlett Johansson, and More

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Paramount Pictures has released the first official trailer for Transformers One, a new, fully CG-animated Transformers film that will tell the origin story behind two of the franchise's most popular characters: Autobot leader Optimus Prime (Orion Pax) and his long-time enemy, Megatron (D-16).

See full article...

So, there are cars on Cybertron?

Not very impressed, didn't really like much the look of the characters.

This is clearly for a younger audience to be reintroduced or introduced to the autobots and decepticons.

As far as cars on Cybertron that's been a thing... they are just 'futuristic' looking.

As far as holes in connection to other work. TONS. Not even gonna worry about it. Let them have the cartoon and enjoy it. Not for me.

I know the looks take homeage to the vintage series, and I guess it fits, but I was hoping for a more modern look.

But hey, the last ninja turtles movie was not a looker, but it was pretty good. So there's hope.

This is clearly for a younger audience to be reintroduced or introduced to the autobots and decepticons.

As far as cars on Cybertron that's been a thing... they are just 'futuristic' looking.

As far as holes in connection to other work. TONS. Not even gonna worry about it. Let them have the cartoon and enjoy it. Not for me.
Actually I think they are going for the older crowd who watched the cartoons from the 80's hence the look

Meh, I'm mixed but I do think it looks way better than most of the stuff that's come out in the last decade. I've given up hope for any kind of true TOS follow up/prequels but this might be okay. I'll at least check it out but don't know if I'll stick with it. I do like how their introduce the Quintessons. They are making these for kids, as they should, but also trying to find a balance with keeping adult fans engaged and that's the hard part.

One thing for sure, at least for me, it already seems better than the Beast Machines movie.

Meh, I'm mixed but I do think it looks way better than most of the stuff that's come out in the last decade. I've given up hope for any kind of true TOS follow up/prequels but this might be okay. I'll at least check it out but don't know if I'll stick with it. I do like how their introduce the Quintessons. They are making these for kids, as they should, but also trying to find a balance with keeping adult fans engaged and that's the hard part.

One thing for sure, at least for me, it already seems better than the Beast Machines movie.
I agree. It really comes off to me as a kids movie more than anything, and honestly I couldn't even finish the trailer due to the voice acting.

Become a Patron!
Back