TurboGrafx-16 Mini Launching in March with 50 Games

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
The compact console craze continues. Konami has announced it will release the TurboGrafx-16 Mini on March 19, 2020 as an Amazon exclusive, with pre-orders opening tomorrow during Prime Day.

No price has been given yet, but the Japanese version (PC Engine) will go for around $100. The miniature console includes nearly 50 fan favorites such as Dracula X, Bomberman, R-Type, and Snatcher.

The game library will be almost identical across all three systems, including 24 American versions of games and 26 Japanese versions. There is a little bit of overlap between the two—for example, both the U.S. and Japanese versions of the action RPG Neutopia are included.

That generation of consoles I never got to experience. But honestly this mini console fad isn't something I'm a fan of. Wish they all would allow original games to be played but I understand the restrictions.

Ironically I'm in the market to buy an actual TurboGrafx-16/PC-Engine. Probably gonna grab a TurboDuo. SNES Classic and NES Classic were fun to **** around with and add games to, but I don't think we need a mini emulator console for every dang system. Really does kinda seem like a fad at this point. Would be cool if companies started manufacturing the actual systems again, but if you are looking for an accurate hardware solution for playing real cartridges, Analogue Interactive got you covered with the Nt Mini, Super Nt, and Mega Sg FPGA devices. Good for saving wear and tear on your actual NES/Famicom, SNES/SFC, and Mega Drive/Gensis consoles. These devices even work with real add-ons such as the Sega/Mega CD and the Famicom Disk System.

Become a Patron!
Back