Twisted Metal is a Peacock Original Series Starring Anthony Mackie Arriving on July 27

Peter_Brosdahl

Staff member
Twisted Metal is a new series based on the popular vehicular combat game franchise that launched on the first PlayStation in 1995. It was originally published by Sony Computer Entertainment and over the years has been developed by multiple companies as it expanded with releases on the PS1/PS2/PS3 and PlayStation Portable.

The new series is starring Anthony Mackie, Stephanie Beatriz, and Thomas Haden Church, with Will Arnet and Samoa Joe voicing Sweet Tooth. A new teaser trailer and poster has been released announcing the show for its July 27 arrival on the streaming service.

"TWISTED METAL, a half-hour live-action TV series based on the classic PlayStation game series, is a high-octane action comedy, based on an original take by Rhett Reese & Paul Wernick and written by Michael Jonathan Smith, about a motor-mouthed outsider offered a chance at a better life, but only if he can successfully deliver a mysterious package across a post-apocalyptic wasteland. With the help of a badass axe-wielding car thief, he’ll face savage marauders driving vehicles of destruction and other dangers of the open road, including a deranged clown who drives an all too familiar ice cream truck."

See full article...

Definitely not a game IP I would have expected someone to turn into a show.
I agree. This could easily flop but it does have some potential, between the cast and production crew. I'm glad it's not a Netflix project though, since so many of those seem to really miss the target.

Often referred to as Twisted Metal Star Wars this is still one of my favorite all-time Star Wars games.
6f2m7aj0aaba1.jpg

Become a Patron!
Back